yellow dying lower leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Nov 14, 2012.

1. So i had a white widow that was in a first version of an amended soil the bottom leaves started to lighten and then curl down and gradually fall apart till they fell off, i assumed it was the first version that was lacking hummus and rock dust along with kelp and neem. Now i have a berry bomb plant doing the same thing in my newest batch of water only soil. I can take better pics when the lights come on. But any ideas?
    ForumRunner_20121113_172823.png

ForumRunner_20121113_172943.png

Attached Files:

2. I have the same thing goin on...

I'm still up in the air, treating for K and Mag...whats the tops of your plant look like?

3. Tops look good, couple weeks into flower, my ww did it all the way to harvest from top to bottom, i thought maybe it was just strain, but I've harvested a few plants out of these batches of soil and had some looking great.

4. try ewc slurry.

5. Will do.

6. Do the slurry, and also hit them with a kelp meal tea - just soak some in water for a few days and water it in. If you're not too far into flower spray them down with the same kelp tea (strained).

If you have it, chuck a fistful of alfalfa into the tea as well.

Kelp/alfalfa/castings = general "fix it" tonic.

J

7. Thank you very much blades! (Jerry especially!)

Do i need to do a ewc slurry and kelp alfalfa tea separate? Or can i just throw it all in my bucket and not strain it?

I assume with organics it'd be safe to make a 5 gal batch and water everything with it, or does the old,"if its not broke..." saying apply here?

8. I'd keep them separate - try hitting them with a slurry, which is an immediate thing, and ten several days later hit them with the kelp/alfalfa tea - which you really want to soak for a coupla days anyhow.

Are they jn flower, and if so, how far in?

J

9. Thanks again Jerry. Gave ewc slurry last night, got ~ 1/2 cup kelp and ~1/4 cup alfalfa in 4 gal water been bubbling for 24hrs now.

The berry bomb will be on week 4 of flowering on Sunday, so I'd guess a little late for foliar...

10. I'd let your tea set for a couple days then dilute. I let mine set for a week and diluted to 1/2...longer it sets, more dilution

11. Good luck!

12. Whats your water source?

13. Kesey gave you good advice, but with the small amounts of kelp meal and alfalfa I would not dilute - I would personally double those amounts in 4 gallons of water.

These items, the kelp meal, the alfalfa and the worm castings are by far much better for your needs than anything out of a bottle.

Keep me/us posted please! Also, look at the big picture - the overall plant health and vigor, vs. just looking at a few leaves.

Lemme know!

J

14. My water source is tap water from my well (country livin) i gave the berry bomb in flower about 1/2 gal of it straight last night (after bubbling 24 hrs, along with a couple vegging plants, just to see if it produces any noticeable effects. Glad to hear it wasn't such a bad idea to not dilute . I'll post up pics tonight when its lights on.

15. How did this end up turning out btw? I came across this thread while looking for information on slurries and it piqued my interest.

16. Idk man, tried a EWC slurry, tried a kelp/alfalfa tea, nothing seemed to change, but the white widow was the only strain doing it. It was harvested shortly after that. But now all my new mommies are doing the same thing. So they've all become my test bunnies; foliar feeding, neem meal tea, top dressing... nothing seems to make a difference.

17. It could be an excess build up of Ca or Mg from your water. Just a thought, but if you have well water you most likely have some sediment in it. It could contain excess elements, or perhaps chlorine?

This is what I'm currently dealing with as well, just the lower leaves, and only on a few. I'll post some pics later to show what I mean.

18. Chlorine in well water? First I've heard.

J

19. Lol...

could a calcium build up cause that?

Now that I think about it... I carry all my water to my grow room in big 3 gal water jugs, and it all gets dumped into a 5 gal bucket by my tent which I scoop water out of with a pitcher.

Inside my bucket there's a ring of white build up. (Calcium I presume) what would be a cure for that besides going RO?

20. ...I wouldn't trust that water if it's leaving residue as it evaporates, you won't know what's in it until you get it tested...you'd be better off with store bought water if you have no RO.
    ...if your water isn't bad, then your soil mix is bad.
    ...how far away do you have your light?
    ...what is your soil mix made of?