yellow dots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by homegrownz, Jun 8, 2007.

1. hello everybody. i am somewhat new to growing.
    i started my 3 new babies from seed and am growing outdoor in the beautiful northern california sun. my babies are currently around 2 weeks old and for some strange reason one of them has small yellow dots on the leafs. they are all in one large pot wrapped in nylon at the moment until i can transfer them indoors under lights.
    i am using soil from a garden and watering them with regular water every other day.
    can someone please help me out a little. maybe i can get a few grow tips on here and the answer to why my baby has yellow dots on its leaves.

ps: i am thinking about waiting until the plants get a little bigger so i can determine weather they are male or female and put females indoor and toss the males in the trash,
    is this ok to do>?

2. firstly....... transplant ASAP, you will damage the entangled roots when you attempt to separate them especially if after they grow a couple weeks

you are watering much too often. and this could be the cause of your yellowing , however using outdoor garden soil your problems could be any number of issues.

can you post pics?

if you intend on growing these indoors go buy some good soil (without ferts pre added) & a shop lite a couple flouro bulbs of the correct spectrum & get them indoors now, you risk far too much moving your grow indoors & contaminating the indoor grow room

3. thank you/ i will post pictures by today . im just kinda low on money and had to wait till i can buy some nice lights and soil.
    i am planning on growing in a closet. i put insolation on the floor . and thin fibercloth on the walls and covered them with aluminum foil for light reflection. but i was waiting til i get lights in there to continue.
    also is it ok to have a electric rubbermaid brand air freshener inside the closet or will this not take out odors once the plants have a smell? its one of those 8 inch long 4-5 inch wide air fresheners with a little fan inside it.and takes large batterys.

4. here are the pictures. they are not the best the cam sucks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. the reason why i put them outdoor is because my friends mom planted 4 of her plants outdoor and they stayed outdoor the entire time and grew to be 5 foot somting and had nice buds. but i am going to put them in my closet asap

6. Can Anyone Help

7. pics show nothing dude

have you been misting them?

look on the undersides of the leaves for spidermites, they are like a grain of sand but move around & they are the main reason for not moving outside plants inside

8. the pic of the single plant shows a little yellow on it.
    can you give me any ideas of what kind of lights to get, how many watts and such,. all ima grow is those 3 plants its all i need for my own use.
    i just need to know what kind of lights to get and how many wats they should be and what kind of soil to get and i should be set.

i am currently watering them with 1 cup of water every other day. if i am overwatering please tell me. thanks i apriciate the help ganja.

i just want to have some good buds to smoke =)

oh yea one last thing. do i leave the lights on 18 hours a day or 12?
    this is only my second attempt to grow and my 1st came out to be a male plant and was worthless but grew just fine and didnt have any yellow hah,.

9. for seedling use a mister bottle and just squrit the soil at the base of each plant a couple squirts every other day

use the ferts suggested below and it wont matter what soil you use, providing it does not contain any pre-added ferts

light cycle is 18/6 for vegatative cycle & 12/12 for budding cycle

you can push the plants with 24/7 lites during the vegatative cycle..I do

as to lites you can buy the spiral screw in the regular lamp type flouros to get you by for a month till you can scrounge up a 400watt HPS( 400watt HPS look on ebay)

just use a regular fan (not air fresheners, may cause ozone damage to the leaves) to circulate air and exhaust heat from the closet, you will need to experiment in this area to keep the temps between 75-85

DONT use tin foil........ flat white walls are better.

get a PH meter and PH correct your water to optimum range 6.5-6.8
    correct using PH up & PH down (can be purchased on ebay)

dont feed for 4 weeks & use this :

Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) feed every other watering till flowering

@ 6-7 weeks transplant to 5 gallon buckets & should be watering approx 10oz. everyother day

10. when you say dont feed for 4 weeks what do you mean by that. dont give it water for 4 weeks during budding?

is the tin foil dangerous to the plants? ( i jus thought a little more light reflection would be good)

and last but not least. when should i cut back the light time to start budding?

thank you so much ganja

11. fertilizer....... no fertilizer for the next 4 weeks,

when the plants are big enough to suit you and your space, keep in mind there is a growth spurt of approx 1/3 its size soon as budding begins

drop back in ....6weeks and we will sex them puppies

12. thank you for your help ganja. i apriciate you taking your time to help me out.
    i will come post progress pictures if you would like.