Yellow discoloration on end of seedling leaf

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BigB133, May 13, 2017.

1. One of my seedlings leaves is VERY short compared to the others, along with yellow discoloration and what appears to be almost as if it wilted at that part. The second leave appears to be in better conditon, but given it took a while to come up out of the dirt with the rest of the plant, the very tip seems to be yellow as well. I can just tell without a thermometer that the setup is poor when it comes to heat issues. The drawer is always closed when I'm away for the day at college, and the only air circulation I have is a rather small battery operated fan to keep fan noise to a minimum. Unfortunatley, batteries don't offer a constant supply of energy, and by the time I get back home, the fan is barely spinning. Leaves on almost all seedlings have signs of there being to much heat as they are the usual 'taco curved' shape. When I do get home the first thing I do is take other the second drawer (pictured below) out and put a normal fan over top to begin a normal air circulation system to eliminate the heat issue. As well with that I add a tiny amount of water every day to compensate for what had been dried up ( I do have a regular watering schedule, the tiny amounts are on the side). But anyways, any recommendations for what I can do to improve the heat situation? And as for my original question, any thoughts as to why it is what it's doing, and if you think it'll make it? Thanks :)

Note- the seedlings been like this for 3 or 4 days now, I'm hoping it'll heal itself. 20170513_033854.jpg 20170513_033949.jpg 20170513_034224.jpg 20170513_034301.jpg 20170513_040148.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I'd just leave them alone for a few more days

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

3. Yeah need some good fresh air

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

4. Yeah, I use the larger white box fan for when I come home to give it as much fresh air as possible. Only issue is is ventelation when it's closed...

5. Think of that seedling as if you were caring for a baby. Babies don't do much at first...lie around and sleep mostly. Same for your plant at this point. Though it seems to be doing little to you, it's actually working hard under the soil to build a root system. If you have a regular watering schedule, you are watering too much. You never water a MJ plant until it's used up the water you gave it last time...no matter if this takes days, weeks or months to happen. They hate having their roots sitting in wet soil all the time (thus the reason for all the extra perlite in the grow soils), and drainage is one big factor in keeping them healthy. The HPS lamp could be a bit much for it at this point unless you have it hung high enough. They mostly just need heat at this point. But no nutes and no water until the cup they're in is dead dry...and then only water. You will repot that plant a couple of times at least and then it will grow and mature much more before it will need to be fed. Nutes don't grow plants...light does. Nutes are simply plant food and your plant should be hungry before you feed it anything unless you want to burn it. The soil has plenty of nutrition in it, especially in the beginning of the plant's life, that nutes are not helpful. Let your soil do what it's designed to do and resist the urge to constantly be doing something to the plants. As your plant grows and matures, it will need more help from you. But as a youngster, like yours are, they just need left alone until you can lift the cup they're in and feel NO weight. If you feel any weight, there is still water in the soil. TWW