Yellow Cotyledons

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DjViP2002, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Well I have a plant that about 2 weeks old and it's growing very qiucky. About a couple days ago I noticed that the Cotyledons are turning yellow while the "true" leaves of the plant remain green and growing. This plant is under a cool flouro about 20 hours a day(2" away) and gets plently of water. What is the reason these are turning yellow while everything else remains green? I will post a pic of about how big/old my plant looks.(it wont be a pic of my plant, just for idea of size) Also I just transplanted from a cup to a large pot today...HELP!!! Whats going on? Is it ok or should I change lighting hours, lighting distance, watering...ext.?

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=47867#

look at the first pic on this thread, thats about how bug my plant is, maybe a little smaller...

2. its natural, by the end of week 3 they will be shriveled up little husk that you may want to remove. they are feeding your plant now, and this is a sign youre coming into that first feeding you will give your plant. by the 3rd week you should be ready to introduce a week solution of ferts to the plant, sounds like youre on the right track to me :D

3. *sigh* thats a relief...i thought they plant would be dying