yellow cotyledons

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BIGfugginRED, Mar 29, 2004.

1. i got some new seedlings maybe a week old, maybe a day or two more. the fastest growing one has like 3 sets of leaves and they look green and healthy and get a lil bigger everyday, but this morning i checked them and the cotyledons had turned yellow. does this mean they're gettin hot?
    should i move my lights up a lil more? they're only flouro's but i don't have very good ventilation.
    thanks in advance~ big red

2. It's normal for the cotyledons to die off at the stage ur at as the plant doesnt need them anymore.

3. yeah they die off, mine tend to last a little while longer though.

the plant will use them as food when it needs them and they will turn yellow then or if they arnt getting enough light then that will also cause them to yellow.

i dont see what you have said as a problem but they have yellowed for a reason, the plants telling you it needs something. could be it could use more light or its ready for its 1st feed. either way i think the plant is ready for the next stage of fast growth so its probably time for more light and a bit of a feed or pottin up.

4. Yellowing can be a result of many factors, but it most often means the plant needs more nitrogen.

5. This sounds dead on to me.

6. This is the natural progression of the plant.
    I use it as a sign to start feeding nutes.
    :smoking: