yellow cotyledons?? Problem??(pic)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jjburnout, Feb 11, 2010.

1. So I just germinated some new seeds on Sat. and yesterday a couple seeds had cracked and were showing taproot so i placed them in rockwool...
    today, one of the trainwreck seeds broke through the top of the rockwool cube and the entire seedling is yellow....It hasn't even stretched straight yet so maybe it will turn green? Any seed I have ever germinated has sprouted green..........any Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. You should check your p.h.This some times happens when your p.h is above 7.5.If your in soil try germinating in that and giving them somejust water water that has been adjusted to 6.5 or leave a bucketfull out for at least 24 hours.You probably know this but if not i hope it was some help.

3. Thats the most likely option for sure. Might also just be bad genetics on it. Not all seeds are meant to live.

4. give it a day or two, its probably just a weak seed. sometimes color comes back, sometimes they die.

5. Thanks for the input.....Looks like it may have been a ph problem. Little guys are starting to green up.

I can adjust my ph in the morning to 5.5 and in the afternoon its right back at 7.5.....is this normal?