Yellow/Brown Patches on Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by theHit, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Attached Files:

2. looks like hot soil burn

1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution?
    3. PH soil runoff?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps or reservoir temps

fertilizer choice is great, use the amounts below, but not for a couple weeks yet
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering

3. Dude, this is exactly what mine look like. It happened just after I fertilized them. IN fact i will go take a picture real quick. I am curious too what this is.

From what I read it can be pH fluctuation but most likely too much fertilizer causing nutrient burn. Now this is my first grow so I am only repeating what I read or pieced together. From what I gathered adding more nutrient to them could cause further nutrient lock out (not really sure i get that concept) can anyone shed some light on that?

Also, Can anyone take a look at this and tell us what this yellow blotching is on our lower fan leaves?

blotchesyellow.jpg

4. Ganja Guerrilla:

1. unknown soil brand
    2. no pH readings yet
    5. Approx. 2 weeks after sprouting
    6. no fertilizer yet
    7. 5 lights for 5 plants about 12-16 inches from plants (i have to double check the wattage)
    8. Light cycle: 24 hrs/day under the lights
    9. under lights since just after sprouting
    10. unknown temps

i chose that one since u recommended it to other people in threads with a similar problem.

so i should not use the fertilizer yet?
    if so, is there anything else i can do to reduce the problem ASAP?
    perhaps the lights are too close / there is too much heat in the box?
    right now there is no ventilation, so maybe i should try to get some airflow...?

thanks for the help dude.

5. could the problem be a manganese deficiency?

6. seedlings need no ferts for the first 3-4 weeks, Ill bet money your bag soil contains ferts aswell (they all do these days)

you can flush the plant to leech the excess ferts from the soil

Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require more
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

give the plants a couple weeks to recoup from the premature feeding, then start feeding @ 50% strength