YEILD

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, May 8, 2017.

1. hey! i was just wondering if some experienced autoflower growers could give me an estimate on how much flowers i will end up with. i have two babies, one is a feminized autoflower, the strain is skunk #1. Another feminized autoflower, Crystal meth.
    they're 2 weeks old.
    theyre under 24/7 light, MH 400watt for veg, that i've kept 2 feet away. switching to HPS 400watt for flower.
    space is 2.5x2.5
    The temperature of the room stays around 80-87
    humidity is 30%, sometimes i give them a little mist on the leaves because i know that it's sorta dry.
    there is an oscillating fan pointed between them and the light, they sway a little bit.
    grown in Whitney Farms organic potting soil, NPK of 0.15-0.10-0.15 and i added some perlite. 10% maybe?
    she's in a 3 gallon smart pot, good drainage, the pot does not sit in any standing water.
    i germinated her straight from the soil, took her 4 days to sprout.
    gave them their first feed earlier today, i use general organic nutrients. i mixed up 1.5ml of BioThrive Grow, 1.5ml of BioRoot, 1ml of CaMg, 1ml of Diamond Black, and 1ml of BioWeed in 1 gallon of water. each of the babes got 1/2 the gallon. in between each feed i plan on giving only PHed water, been keeping it about 6.5-7. unless anyone thinks it'd be okay to feed every water????
    and i wait until 2 inches deep is dry before watering.
    any advice is welcome!!!!

2. There isn't a person on this planet who could tell you the yield.
    Even if you had provided photos, which you didn't, it would just
    be a guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i was just looking for an estimate on what an average autoflower grow yeilds.

4. You and about a dozen other new blades a day.

Don't worry about what you're going to get at the end.
    Take care of your plants and the yield will take care
    of itself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I see people yield anywhere from 1.5 ounces to 6+ ounces off autos depending on a million parameters. I haven't done an auto myself yet (not til next grow), but it seems like 2ish ounces is pretty average, maybe closer to 3 for people with more experience?

• Like Like x 1
  6. No way to project yield on a plant, especially an auto. They're genetically programmed to cycle on a schedule regardless of what you do and a lot of how they turn out depends on your skill as a grower as they seem to be pretty testy to some. You need to back off the nutes though. No two week old plant needs fed if it's in soil of any quality at all. Starting a plant out in fresh soil insures that it will be fed for several weeks at least. The greater the container size and more soil it's started in, the longer the soil will feed the plant. Watch your new growth. As long as it's a nice rich blue green and your leaves are praying to the sun (light), your plant is just fine. It will tell you when there is a problem by changing color in some way. But as long as the new growth is the right color, you don't have a problem that needs fixed. Right now you need to leave the plant alone under the lights and only give straight water when it's become almost dead dry. If you lift the pot and feel any weight at all, it's not time to water yet. They don't like sitting in wet soil. But other than that and giving them really good light 24/0, that's about all you need to be doing at this point. As it's root system grows and the plant matures, you will eventually begin to get some size on it. If you want it to get a bit taller, raise you light away a little bit. The plant will automatically stretch to it. But from what I've read, try not to stress it out anymore than necessary. Keep it's roots happy, give it the best lighting possible and plenty of space to spread once it does start to flower. You'll likely need something to support the weight of the buds as they get near the end and near time for harvest. They get really heavy with resin and unless you support them some way, they can break. We put tomato cages on our plants as soon as they've got good bud coverage starting. I still spread the plant out and just use the cage as something to tie to. I use jute twine sort of as a sling to hold the bud up and tie to the tomato cage. But each plant grows differently and the strain you're growing has a lot to do with how it grows. The indicas are usually more short and bushy while the sativas are taller and more lanky in their growth. Good luck with them. The more you grow, the more it makes sense and the better you get at it. You just kinda have to chalk everything up to experience when starting it. I had to run quite a few plants before I ever get really comfortable with the whole thing when I first started out. Best of luck with yours. TWW

7. #7 Soufside_lavish21, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Hey man, I'm also using the General Organics nutrient line. I wouldn't be feeding bio grow this early yet. I know you could probably get away with it at such a small dose, but thought I'd let you know anyway. Better safe than sorry, IMO. I didn't start feeding bio grow till week 4 or 5, at 1/4 strength. I'm sure the soil you're using has enough to get you through the first 3-4 weeks.

However, I did want to point out that if you wanted to, you could bump up the bio root to 5 ml per gallon. It won't burn your plants, even at this early stage. You can also give 5 ml of bio weed. When you run out of the Diamond Black, I wouldn't buy it again. Nothing bad, just not really needed.

Good luck with your grow!

8. everybody gets diffrent person a mat get 4 oz a plants a newbie my get 25 gram plant everything is diffrent

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

9. Just wanted to chime in and say I've had the opportunity to help someone with autoflower grows over that last couple of years. While they can be delicate, they can also yield a surprising amount!! (scroll to bottom if you just want yields and don't care how he got them)

This person had asked for my advice, but ultimately made their own decisions, some of which I thought were not very smart, however I have been blown away on many of his grows.

I had recommended going hydro and using an Eb and flow system seeing as how autos have a short grow. He instead went with a DWC system with 4 gallon square buckets. While he is a new grower and had had issues with nut burn, thrips, and also climate control issues as well as pump failures and Ph drift.

There is usually 8 auto plants per grow/cycle. They are in a 5' x 9' area, sitting under 32 Vero 29 led cobs running at 1400 about miliamps which would probably be around 55 watts per cob. Each cob is capable of putting out 100watts if powered appropriately.

Some of the grows were bombed, and were failures. All crops have mega inconsistencies. Some are huge and others tiny in the same grow. Small ones usually put out a few Oz. While he has also had 5 or 6 plants that have produced right around the 1 pound mark, If I remember correctly 2 of those were over 1 pound dried weight.
    And I know that people are going to call bullshit on this, which is fine. I would have as well had I not seen it for myself. I had actually advised against growing autos especially with all the effort of dwc.
    It has entrigued me so much that I am looking forward to starting a rdwc system with autos myself.

The best yeilders were northern lights and white widow autos so far.

If anyone else out there has gotten big yields from autos I'd enjoy chatting about the details of your grow set up!!

10. Has to be done sorry but 1-1038g.......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Show him your 600 gram Auto @Spanish@rcher

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1038g dry is the most ive heard of ultimate auto by dutch passion grown under 800w of light 1 plant

13. Sorry I am new to this forum, are we allowed to post grow pictures ?

14. Of course you can all these are autos total watts there 500w 8 plants tapatalk_1477657788307.jpeg

15. I only have pics of this current grow on my new phone. I can share a couple, but would have to find the ones from past grows.

And like I said not only are auto genetics all over the place with ever seed, but some also take up to 4 months to finish, especially with the bigger plants.

16. Post away my man!!

0E40AC76-C3AB-415A-89A7-2149386B0EDD.jpeg 435358A7-BD89-4AB6-AC3A-1193A6788450.jpeg

17. Do I have to host the photo to be able to post it?

18. I'm just headed into work. I'll have to upload some photos that actually work later!