Yeild

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Undetermined, Sep 25, 2013.

1. 4 plants, 400w mh and hps. they'll finish at around 5-6feet 3 kush and 1 sativa what should I expect each plant to produce?

2. #2 Buffalo11024, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    IMO you don't have enough light for plants of that size. your yeild and bud quality will likely suffer as a result.

3. Not nearly enough information.  How are you growing them?  Organic soil?  DWC?  Tell us more

4. If you are lucky maybe about 2oz per plant.

5. Its hard to say because so much can go wrong and different strains will yield different amounts

6. yes I know it varies a lot I had done a previous grow 5 lemon haze plants with my 400w they were 5ft tall all of em andi got about 1.5-1.8oz a plant. so ithinkin I can get atleast2oz but I could only get 1.5 doing lst and super crop and fim. so this will be interesting. the strain is vanilla kush and cotton candy. vk is a very strong indica I was told.

7. potting mix has perlite verm. earthworms castings, dolomite lime. and im using fox farm nutes.

8. You should bush them out and keep them short. A 400watt will only penetrate around 12-14" so anything taller than that will suffer from lack of light. If trained properly you should be able to get 3-4 oz off each plant.

9. A 400w will only penetrate around 12-14"?  My 220w T5 HO (PLL55w) will penetrate farther than that.  I've grown 2ft. bushes under it with no sign that not enough light is getting to the bottom of them.

10. its kind of crap but if you grow too tall your lights wont penetrate, but if you keep sativas small you wont yield nothin but popcorns..........you just have to find a strategy/ plan and execute

11. Ummm no it doesn't. The loss in lumens over distance diminishes significantly. I won't argue though, get a light meter and see for yourself.