yeild ratios!!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jimmyb420, Mar 17, 2007.

1. I know theres a direct coralation between veg time and initial yeild. Obviously if you veg for 6 months and have a 5-6 foot plant your yeild and veg time are directly linked and your yeild is massive (i would hope). So Does anyone have a general rule of thumb for veg:yeild ratios

such as:
    4 weeks veg time generally = ? or,
    8 weeks veg time = ?
    I know theres a million factors that effect yeild but has anyone noticed a generalized rule of thumb when talking about veg times and initial yeild?

2. It'd probably be easier to link watts of light and yield, than veg time and yield. Like you said though there are many factors to consider. I'd say in soil under healthy conditions, and about 6 weeks of veg. you will yield about .5g/watt of light. Hydro you will yield more. They say the best MJ growers can yield about 1g/watt of light, so aim for the stars.

3. It all depends on your setup like ^^^^^^. Once you are comfortable in your setup and have run a few cycles you could probably devise a workable formula.

4. fuck me this is what im gonna aim for. never gonna get there, but good to have dreams!

5. I only veg 10 days. I get 6-8oz per plant. It has more to do with light and set-up.