Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Years of daily toking (Resin lungs)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Imnothigh666, Mar 8, 2014.

1. I just realized I have been toking everyday for the past 6 years. Holy shit. Within the 6 years the longest I went with out weed was probably the week I was gonna get tested on and when I was sick. 

Its  really grossing me out thinking what my throat/lungs look like WHEN MY BONG is dirty again within 5 smoke sesh's. I've never had smokers cough, but I feel like it has  to  be caked on in my lungs. 

And I feel like particularly the part of my throat I use to inhale has been a little sore recently, only when inhale my smoke. 

What do you guys think? I know everything in moderation but weed is something I definitely haven't been moderate on since I started. 

*I don't smoke cigarettes. 

2. #2 lightnup, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    Here is a simple test, go up and down 2 or 3 flights of stairs and see how out of breath you are. Probably not as bad as you think.
    You should look into vaping, much easier on the lungs!

3. try vaping, edibles, cutting back your smoking

4. Ive also wondered what my lungs look like now.
    Its no secret that smoking is bad

Vape or use edibles

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have been scoping out some vapes at the local shop for that reason. Would love some insight into the build up of resin in our bodies though. 

6. ive thought about this many times before, been smoking for 12+ years on and off, heavy glass use in recent years. honestly i feel healthier than ever, i have great cardio/lung capacity, dont feel winded or tired thats not attributed to poor health/lack of exercise. if its really affecting you that bad, please make the switch to a solid vape and continue using the herb. no reason to continue to harm your body if not need be.

7. I know man i wonder what a stoner's lungs look like. they always show smokers lungs, but never a stoners. I imagine they're all brown and sticky lol.I heard that since the tar in weed doesn't have all the shitty chemicals in it like cigs that your lungs can clean themselves out somewhat. I don't know if this is completely true or not, just something i heard.

8. Hmm, good point! ^ Considering that thc resin is way less harmful then cig resin, I could see our bodies having a chance to naturally expel it over time. 

Like I mentioned I also have never had a smokers cough, and am quite active with out getting winded. Its hard to imagine one type of smoke being better than the other but maybe it has some weight to it. 

9. That's more a test of your physical prowess. That shit would wipe me out lol, but then again it would wipe out my girlfriend, and she has never smoked.

10. If two guys have been smoking daily for 10 years, 1 smoking cannabis, the other cigarettes, there will be a huge difference in lung capacity between them.

Arnold Schwarzenneger was a world champion body builder who smoked cannabis.
    I bet he could not have done that if he was a cigarette smoker.

11. I'm just saying, when I go up a few flights of stairs, I get wiped the fuck out. But I don't attribute it to smoking pot. Other non smokers get just as wiped out.

12. It's cool, I was just trying to point out differences between cannabis & tobacco.

13. Been vaping for 2yeaes now,smoking 5+before n I was wondering this myself, the throat problem just started happening to me and I just lost my voice, found it weird considering I'm only vaping n I cough up blood everyday/nose bleeds everyday a lot for past couple years as well so lol think it's time more tests r done on this even just for the sake of having the information

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 lightnup, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014

Yes you should have that checked out, it is not normal.

15. It's definitely a black lung, but I will say that your body has ways of cleaning itself that a bong doesn't really have.

I personally don't really care.

16. Vaping is the cleanest way but even with a vaporizer, 'honey' builds up pretty quickly. 

17. so far they can't find nothing wrog( stupid I know lol) voice coming back but I say fuck doctors they don't take their job seriously anymore, sadly il have to keep going to them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Cig smoke paralyzes your cilia. Cilia is what brings the resin out of your lungs. Pot smoke does not paralyze your cilia so that's the difference. Pot smoke is prove to put more tar in your lungs than cigs but your body doesn't have as much trouble expelling it. Cig resin stays in your constricted airways till you stop smoking and even then it take a month for your cilia to heal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. I smoked a lot of cigs and popper chops in highschool. And it really messed with my lungs. Kept getting pnumonia and bronchitis and the doctor said it was because of the cigs and poppers. I was coughing up black once I quit cigs and poppers. And it was a lot of. Black every day for like 2 months. Dr explained the difference between weed and cigs I haven't smoked a single cig since highschool and I am much better.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

20. The only reason weed would make it harder to breath for me was because I found myself smoking weed and not exercising. If you jog daily and already have a fit body the effect weed has on your lungs will not prevent you from making any gains. All I can say is at least our lungs aren't as bad as smoking cigs. And even then I know plenty of healthy smokers (besides lungs obviously)