ya so .. i dont rember?

Discussion in 'General' started by boredjim8, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Have u guys ever tried to think back to your childhood .. alot of my friends can rember a good amount of stuff.. i dont rember anything.. ;\ only things i use daily .. but all my vacations uh?? rember none.. we went to flordia i rember hardly any of it .. only like a slide and these iceburgs we had to cross (fake in an amusemnet park..) shit like that i cant rember.. i kno none of my teachers names .. rember none of my childhood friends.. my mom said i used to hangout wit this kid jon .. dont ever rember that..

i tried to think of birthday parties i went to .. only rember a few parts of hardly ne of the tons i went to.. my baseball and soccer teams.. i d0nt ember what its like to play (soccer mostly;\ hated that shit)

is this just me? do i have bad memory or do alot of people not know much about their childhood.. i rember literlaly 7% of everything that has happend..

2. I probably remember less than 7% of what happened when I was young. I remember sandboxes and pools and thats about it. Sometimes I run into people who knew me when I was around 5-7 and even though they seem to know me I can't remember them at all. It's kinda weird, but it doesn't bug me.

3. allright word so its just not me =o its just weird being somewhere and not rebering a thing of it..

4. Maybe you were in a lab throughout most of your life being experimented on. And then at age, i dunno, 10 or something, you got out and got dropped on some family's front doorstep and they were told to tell you that you had this extravegant childhood.
    nah, i'm just kidding..i don't remember shit i did when i was a kid either. :rolleyes:

5. Im like that too, the things I want to remember, I have no idea. But i remember totally obscure and pointless things, like picking cat turds out of the turtle-shaped sandbox when i was like 3 years old. That stuck out to me.

We studied this briefly in psych in my Juniour year, its called Infantile Amnesia. Most people have it, and some scientists say its a safety mechanism, because your early years can be really traumatic. We arent supposed to remember them so we dont get fucked up in the head later on :smoke:
    But thats just a theory