Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ya know that black tarry crap in the stem of your glass bowl?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BoiseBud, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Whenever I clean out the glass screen and hole on my pull bowls, all that sticky crap in the stem also comes out. I just toss the mess out but lately, I was wondering if it's worthwhile to save it. I could stir in some kief to give it better consistency. Anyone have any experience smoking this? Seems I remember back in the day (70s) that resin just made me kinda sick. But that was awful weed.

2. Depends if you like inhaling extra carcinogens or not.

3. its called resin. better when dry than wet, so downstems are harder to reclaim that resin. spoons are worthwhile for the save

• Like Like x 1
  4. i wouldnt put any kief in it,, waste imo,,,, but its a last resort type deal, but it keeps me high for a few days after cleaning out my piece with alchohol it dissolves into the alchohol pour it out on a plate and let dry over night or something...

5. lol!!! ive never puked from resin so just chill.

6. No, it's just resin is disgusting and terrible for you. Its basically like smoking cigarette filters for a buzz.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Smoking resin has always reminded me of 14 year old weed fiends. No offense to anyone who does it, that's just what I grew up with. My take on it is if where you live weed is expensive and hard to find, well then welcome to the reclaim. But if you're just trying to make it stretch, it's like using TP twice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #9 G0lde, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    That's resin. It contains higher THC than your bud, actually. It's great to save for when you're dry. If it's something you want to try, I would recommend boiling your pipe in boiling water, filtering out the resin, rolling it into a ball, and letting it dry. Then it will be smokeable and will give you a great high. It does not make you throw up or feel sick, as others here have suggested. And it doesn't taste bad...it's actually fairly tasteless with a hint of the usual flavor of your strain.

(It does contain carthogens, but if you happen to smoke cigarettes like I do you might as well just smoke the resin. You're inhaling worse shit every time you light up a jack.)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Except TP isn't better the second time around. In my experience, the resin has actually provided a more potent high than the bud itself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1454907472553.jpg Higher THC than bud lol..
    Just different cannabinoids and more carcinogens. No one suggested it would make you puke, but if you really think about what's in resin (tar, burnt plant by products, carcinogens)it makes you sick. Plus it smells like shit and the high lasts for 10 minutes

• Like Like x 4
  11. Use a cached bowl with the ashes still in it. Then drop a bit of resin on top to smoke. The res will saturate the ashes making it easy to smoke. When you're done...just throw some more on top.
    Works for ME when I'm out!

12. Understandable. I have not had the same experiences with resin as you have, I guess. It definitely seems to have a higher THC content, I happen to like the smell of it, and the high lasts me a good couple of hours depending on the amount I smoke. And I smoke cigarettes anyway (yea, yea...I know) so I inhale all that shit and much worse daily.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I know other people who say they enjoy resin as much as you do, so I don't doubt you. From talking to people I think you may be in a unique group though. For me, resin has always been an odd, bad high that doesn't last long and then causes a bad headache and sleepiness but you can't actually sleep. Like when you've got the fire behind your eyes and just want to keep your eyes shut but you can't sleep, if you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 2
  14. When my bong gets dirty before i clean it i get a metal stick usually a metal coat hanger or long tooth pick and scrape the bits of weed and resin and put it in a big ball all together and wait for it to dry and then i clean my bong and smoke it. It gets u pretty baked and u get more than a few hits out of it before it becomes ash. I think its worth doing i dont know why people hate on resin its still weed just not green

• Like Like x 1
  15. I reclaim from my rig, never after smoking flowers.

16. MistahSparkles, ftw!

Resin is quite valuable, actually, if you care for being able to get high possibly several more times while you're waiting to re-up. It really doesn't taste that bad, especially that dry and sticky stuff that comes from pipes. If you've been smokin' good herb, you'll get great resin back, dig? You can also get mighty fine and fucked up with it, too, I might add. Pro-tip; when you get some danks, save a bit of shake/kief to mix into, or top your resin with.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

• Like Like x 2
  17. #18 Bond, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Sooooo high from it. When hurtin, resin ALWAYS gets the job done.
    I find I get the best results taking a huge pipe toke of it. You will obviously inhale tons more lighter fluid though.......Not so good I suppose. So get it hot then light it.
    HEAR THE SIZZLE! and you are guaranteed to cough your ass off!

18. It definitely does not have a higher THC content, there is no way there will be more THC in resin after flower has been burned, clearly it will have far less THC because most of that went into the smoke.

• Like Like x 3
  19. So basically nothing has changed in 35 years. I'd scrape and smoke resin when out but that hasn't happened in decades. I remember the 'high' from resin which was more of a lesson than an event. It sounds like better weed probably wouldn't equate to a better resin for me. Maybe I'll save a bit just to see, on a day with nothing planned.

• Like Like x 3