y use a grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by specialk916, Apr 2, 2010.

1. i was just wondering what the appeal is of using a grinder? is it just to be faster? myself i dont mind breaking it up by hand, actually i prefer it, its part of the fun to me to break it apart and see the quality of every bit of it, and if my fingers r realy sticky after i kno im about to smoke some good shit.

plus ive heard things of getting metal shavings when using a grinder, so i just dont understand what im missing out on and y so many ppl would use one.:confused:

2. its quick & easy and collects kief.... I hate breaking up bud.. especially mids and KB

all the dank I get breaks up maaad easily with my fingers, but I throw it through the grinder to collect some keif...

3. Easy, effective, uniform pieces, keif catcher, no green thumb...

I use one for lots of reasons.

4. its give you more bud i think anyways and if you smoke out of a blunt it burns slower

5. It's mainly faster and way easier to break up. Grinders with kief catchers are awesome too.

6. i think kief catchers r cool but wouldnt u rather keep it all in the blunt? y collect it separately?
    and theres no way itll giv u more bud thats impossible.

7. I'd rather spend five minutes grinding up a quarter oz, than spending five minutes loading one bowl, y'know?

Kief is awesome if you collect it for a while. It's better to just smoke a bowl of pure kief than just smoke a little bit at a time.

8. grinding it gives a consistency of the bud to smoke more evenly. Breaking up with your fingers you lose more trichomes on the bud and end up stuck to your fingers. A good aluminum grinder won't collect as much kief in the teeth unlike plastic grinders. In all the years of using an aluminum grinder I've never seen any metal shavings end up in my pot. Maybe I was just lucky.

9. You won't get shavings if you buy a quality grinder. I've seen numerous Sharpstones with shavings in the second chamber, in fact, it happened to my good friend just the other week. He promptly went out and bought a Space Case.

10. I'm with you that I enjoy breaking up the bud by hand, its kind of soothing I guess. I do use a grinder now though, just because it is faster, and I like to handle the bud as little as possible to keep all the goodness either in my bowl or in my kief catcher - nothing wasted or absorbed through the skin. Also for vaporizing its good to have the most surface area as possible, so grinding into small pieces is best.

11. Grinders are awesome specially the ones that collect kief. Its just nice to have kief stored in ur grinder for times when ur low or out of bud.

12. After years of using grinders on and off the only thing I use it for now is when I roll joints. I have found the weed doesn't burn evenly unless grinded. Kief sucks compared to oil or hash :).

13. I just bought a new grinder today. I hate braking it up by hand, the grinder breaks it up finer and prevents my fingers from being really sticky and covered in little weed bits.

14. i personally like it because i can make 2nd generation cigarettes, and use it as a carrying container for the loose tobacco. my friend taught me that. lol.

15. This is gonna sound stupid... but what's keif?

16. Only crappy cheap grinders give off metal shavings and shot. So if your gonna get one get Quality!

Grinders are more convenient, more clean and neat, and more uniform.
    I don't always use my grinder but I never use my bare fingers to handle and break up bud.

17. nah man no biggie. keif is the crystal that you see on the bud. lots of grinders have a screen to the small crystal trichomes out of the ground up bud. so if you use your grinder all the time, at the end of the week you open it up and you have a big chamber full of kief. what you do with it is really up to you haha.

some people tell you that grinders make it less potent because of this but i disagree. i just grind and dump, so any crystal that i collect though the screen is kief that would wind up on the table or my fingers if i was busting it up by hand

18. #18 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    Keif is just the dried resin glands(aka trichomes or crystals) of the bud. When you touch the nug these resin glands are absorbed by the oils in your skin. This is why it's very important to properly store and handle buds. Handle buds with clean tweezers and store buds in glass mason jars(plastic creates static that attracts resin glands/trichomes and hairs.

Just top a small bowl with a small scoop of keif and prepare to fly because keif is very potent. Be careful with keif because once it's on your skin it doesn't come off.

19. because of my grinder I've been fortunate to smoke many bowls pure keif....

[​IMG]

1 bowl of this shit will have you TOO HIGH.. exactly how I like it

(not my picture found on internet)

20. back when i first started smoking i used a grinder and grew to not like them as much. I prefer weed that is not ground up because in my opinion it makes it taste weird/harsher. I use a wikka box or a shake box with a 100 mesh screen. I use scissors and just cut my bud up only touching it once, and the collecting area is a hell of alot bigger for keif then any grinder, which is easier to pick up and do what ever you do with your keif.