xmas sneak

Discussion in 'General' started by zalzal010, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This year, I find myself unually anxious to see what my gifts are.

Well, specifically, the small box which is obviously the new watch I requested. Everything else is surely clothes that I will toss into the abyss which is my closet.

So, I carefully sliced the tape and slid the box out of one open end of the wrapping paper, and peeked inside.

Now - my parents have always been good at picking my time pieces. I like a nice dress watch, and just because of my pickyness, I never really ended up liking the ones that they spent less than $100 on. But when I open the box, I am appalled.

I\'m sure there are some who like such a design, but its not for me. I specifically told them when asking for a watch that I want a full stainless steel band, not a leather/fabric one. and NO square/rectangular faces. Plus, I havn\'t worn a digital watch in 10 years, so that should have been assumed. But fuck, they went and bought a watch with every option that I dislike.

check it out for yourself, I\'m sure many of you will agree its an ugly clunky bitch, no class at all:
    http://store.dieseltimeframes.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=12525&keyword=dz7006

I havn\'t asked for anything for the last 2 years. Christmas lost its spirit when I was 17, and I would just let them buy me shit, return it, and bank the money to be used how I please.

All I requested was a god damn nice watch, and I gave them specific details as to what I want. I really appreciate their effort - as the thing goes for about $150 from some websites I checked out, but damnit. All this means is that I have to stand in the inevitably LONG lines after christmas to get an exchange for a watch that I would actually wear in public.

its pretty shitty that I\'m getting mad about something like this, but fuck. I TOLD THEM!

2. damn that is really shitty,

any ordinary fossil / relic brand watch is nicer than that.

your parents must have been crunk while selecting that watch.

edit

not to mention it looks like i could place that watch in the palm of my hand and crush it into lots of tiny broken peices, for 200 bills thats not a nice watch.

3. it looka like a calculator

4. Maybe you should quit being whiney and be thankful you get anything at all for Xmas. Especially something worth $100+. And all you have to do to claim your $100+ is wait in a return line for a little while. I\'m sorry if this offends you but it disgusts me that you\'re ungrateful for the opportunity to get $100+ for free just by waiting in a line.

5. na if he asked for no square .. no leather and someting over a hundred .. its one thing if this was a 30$ wach and they culdnt afford the watch he wanted but they spent nearly 200$ and he coulda got a sweet watch for 200$ that he liked not some pos

6. maybe you should quit acting like a rich white bitch. So its ugly as hell, your parents tried to get you something nice. Its not like they went out with a vendetta to seek out the ugliest watch they could find just to make their adult son cry. Grow up and realize what christmas is all about, its about making other people feel loved. I could care less about getting presents now, i whole heartedly enjoy giving presents that i know people will like. Basically, grow the FK up.

7. Does that really make him white?

Seriously though. They spent money on you. Be thankful you got ANYthing. Jesus, you should know by now that you can sell that shit on ebay if you really dislike it. But give them some credit. You really sound like a spoiled brat. If i ever heard my kid say some shit like that, they would get fucking coal from here on out.

8. Yeah, after reading that post im 99% sure that clown is white..

ps im white so yeah....

9. Yeah, hooray for you that you\'re actually having a Christmas.

10. It could be a lot worse man. I\'ve seen watches A LOT uglier than that. Just be grateful your parents put the time and effort into at least trying to find you something you wanted.

11. for the white thing, yea, that kid is white. only lame ass white folk like myself would do something so sleezy.

ive never known a present before hand. it ruins the whole deal. i want to be surprised. if theres something i dont like, thats cool, i didnt pick it out. my favourite part is seeing my friends open their presents. i love it :D

12. Meh. Sounds like a spoiled, upper middle class suburbia kind of thing. No need to get into ethnicity.

Enter another ethnicity and post it here and you\'d have some problems.

13. lol care to explain? what are you going to beat me up via internet?

14. Hey, there\'s no need to assume that he\'s white. He could be a rich priviledged Hispanic kid for all you guys know.

15. I thought christmas was about celebrating your religion?

Where does presents come in on that?

be happy that you got anything at all

16. wow. thanks for the incredibly mature offer. What is there to explain? Blanket statements like that are racist. Now if you have anything else to say to me, PM me and stop polluting this thread with your ignorance.

Bingo! that and spending time with family. thats what christmas is all about.

17. haha you all are haters, seriously,

i was just commenting on his gift from a gift perspective.

i mean it is for christmas and all

but under any circumstance you should get what you pay for.
    I see this a lot with weed also.

18. *cracks open another bottle of haterade*
    you should get what you pay for. He should get whatever he\'s given since he\'s not payin for it.

BUT, you better give an Oscar winning performance on X-mas morning when you open that shit.

19. I really dont understand why you didnt just go to the store find a watch you like then told them EXACTLY wich watch you wanted. I wanted a new monitor for christmas, but alot of lcd monitors ghost really bad when gaming. So I did my research found the monitor I wanted and told my parents, exactly wich monitor I wanted, 19inch synmaster 930b, and I got the samsung syncmaster 930b. Explain to them that if they are spending alot of money on you, it should be something that you will actually get alot of use out of.

My parents did the same for me, my dad said, \"I want a 200 dollar pre paid card for starbucks\" so that\'s what I got him. My mom said \"I really like this tea set, oh wow I would love to have the indiana jones dvd set.\" and geuss what, thats what I bought her. I dont understand this whole surprise thing, it just lets people down in the end.

20. ^^im the same way. I dont expect much, but i know there will always be a big gift for me. So i throw out some specific ideas for that present but leave the rest up to them. and they always do a hell of a job getting stuff for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.