Xbox vs PS3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by PeaceToker420, Nov 2, 2011.

1. The answer almost seems obvious but i'd like to hear some input from GC!

Here's the thing my xbox red ringed again, i had it fixed and it worked for a while but its broke again. I was just wondering the pros/cons of each system why you chose to use that system, etc...

If you own both your input would be great. Just let me know what you think and which one is the better buy.

Thanks in advance GC:hello:

2. This topic has been beaten to death, bro.

Just for the sake of the thread, I will toss my input in. I choose the 360...

I, however, have never messed with a PS3 much so I can't really say I prefer one over the other.

3. This is going to generate some fanboy crap lol I tried expressing my opinion in another thread n got flamed for it.

I had a 360 for 4 years, it RROD for the 4th time last year and i then changed to PS3. I love my PS3 as much as i loved my xbox which i didnt expect being a dediocated xbox fan for a long time. Its all down to personal opinion and no one can change that.

The things that made ME swing towards the PS3 are the fact that it has a free online service, tv/internet browsing and blu ray. Not the games.

4. ps3 for me Bulliez_616 player id if ya wanna get down black ops till the 8th lol ggz....btw free gaming is the best gaming

5. I had a 360 since april 2006 and got red ringed 3 maybe 4 times in 3 years so I bought a ps3 in 2009. Overall I like the ps3 better. Much better made, doesn't freeze. The online experience isn't quite what you get with xbox but it is free so that automatically makes it better in my opinion.

6. Both systems have their flaws. It's really a matter of personal preference on their positive and negative qualities.

7. 360 has a better online community and game availability. The PS3 is a stronger system and was at one point backwards compatible, not to mention region free with a blueray player and internet browser. Also free online play.

I love my 360, I use it more but I think the PS3 is better but I was always a sony guy.

8. This debate started 5 years ago...

get it over with.

9. Their online is free but their game selection isn't as versatile.

10. Xbox 360 = Offline Gaming

PS3 = Online Gaming

11. [quote name='"Led Zepp"']Xbox 360 = Offline Gaming

PS3 = Online Gaming[/quote]

How high are u? It's exactly the opposite

12. I like xbox better but I think it's because it's got better RPGs which are my favorite type of game and a better online service but PS3 has a lot of good exclusives

13. Upgrade your computer maybe?

Personally for me: batteries, weird analog, pay for online, and red ring is good reason to not buy xbox.

14. #14 Vicious, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Considering many of the large titles are multiplatform minus Gears.

Region free is the big thing for me, also being able to play all my old favorites all the way from FFT, Xenogear, Persona and games the US never gets like the best of the Tales series. Not to mention HD remakes of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.The games aren't as versatile but the ones that aren't multiconsole I'd rather have for PS3. Only reason I use 360 more is the community.

15. I have both systems and both run great. I still got the original 360 only red ringed once. I tend to play my 360 more but that's only because most of my friends also own one.

16. Computer.
    Years ahead and most games are free if you don't feel like paying.

17. Xbox 360> EVERYTHING!! Woo! Xbox! Yeahhh!*

*fanboy