XBOX? More like CockBlOX.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by IMcINasty, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Most games are built to a consoles specs, and any game on computer is a multiplat, so the only thing it could boast over a ps3 exclusive is higher resolutions and frame rates.

But it won't have a 7.1 soundtrack, and it doesn't have hardware specific optimization so you pay for all this computing power but your not getting the most out of it like a console exclusive.

Computers also don't have XDR ram which is responsible for most of the PS3's magic lately.

A decent computer IS a good idea though if your a fan of SC2, WoW, or CS; other than that, a PS3 provides most "bang for your buck", atleast this gaming gen.

2. Diablo 3!

3. #23 morange, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    Man you guys have bud luck with xboxes. My first generation got red ringed but then I got a refurbished second generation and I play it all the time and there's been no issues. A PS3 is awesome but I wouldn't get one unless I had an xbox (which I do) because of the exclusives, but I still can't really justify getting one because there aren't enough ps3 exclusives that interest me at this time. But the Xbox is on it's way out while the PS3 still hasn't even had it's full potential used yet, so my opinion will most likely change in the near future.

Also PC gaming is awesome but more costly and it depends on what OS you have. I would play tons of PC games if I had windows installed, but I can only play really popular ones that I can run on an emulator like WoW, and I don't even play that anymore so..

4. Indeed, all of you have bad luck with the 360 lol, I've had mine for atleast 2 years now and not one thing wrong with it, besides moving it and fucking up games but thats about it

5. #25 DoctaRossta, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    What game is perfect in all honesty? Even MGS4 and GTA4 weren't perfect. Don't get me wrong I play both those games and they are fucking awesome but just for the sake of debating. I personally miss the jet you could have in some previous GTAs and in MGS4 it's VERY hard to use everything within your arsenal effectively all the time. Another thing about MGS4 had super long cut scenes, not that I'm complaining about it I like the cutscenes, but I've heard other people complain.

6. I just had my Zephyr elite RRoD earlier today for the first time, 0102 error (GPU failure)

Xenon (first gen) falcon and zephyrs all are plagued with RRoD issues...only Jasper and slims are really safe from it

tried the over-heat method...so far working but its only a matter of time before it dies again..and odds are itll be final:(

Xbox 360's suck in terms of hardware...if you plan on buying a used 360 always make sure its a Jasper unit or a slim (doubt theres many used ones on the market)

7. Lol... after reading this thread it just made me feel that much better about buying a ps3.... i mean seriously im pretty sure I saw somewhere(i think it was in a game informer or something) that like 52% or so of xbox owners have had to send their machine back to MS for some serious hardware malfunction... it amazes me that people still buy them lol

8. just think, no more batteries for your controllers and yes netflix.

free online play...its just better.

9. New Xbox users don't get RROD anymore. The hardware is better in newer models, though it was shitty of MS to have shitty quality in the first place.

PS3 controllers need to be charged... like battery packs... :confused:

You can always get a wired controller.

If you have a job, Xbox Live really isn't much. If you check Slickdeals.net every now and then, you can get XBL for $30-40. That's an 1/8, big whoopy doop.

PS3 controller sucked, that's why I got a Xbox. They try to emulate the RT/LT of Xbox controller, but failed miserably. The ergonomics of the controller blows big time. The PS2 controller was the best controller of them all.

10. this is an old thread so this probably wont help any, but i have a 250 GB slim model and the thing i do is install all my games to the hard drive. This is a neat feature of the xbox, it allows me to play the game without having the disk run. It keeps its cool and quite.

Honestly if people want to argue about which is better, there really is no answer. It is all a matter of opinion and what people prefer. I feel xbox is more for hardcore gamers who really only care about gaming and solid multiplayer (although there is music and netflix and stuff in there too). And the ps3 is more suited for people who just love media in general. With its blu-ray player and internet browser, it runs clean too (my roommate keeps his on all day haha)

i chose the xbox because it goes together with my windows pc, and because im all about games. I could give a shit less about browsing the internet or whatever extra the ps3 has. I want a gaming console, which is what the xbox provides.

And i grew up on ps1 and ps2... so yeah.

11. I think its kinda funny people are dissing on the ps3 controllers, i LOVE them in comparison to the 360 ones, especially the joysticks, they just move sooo much nicer imo. The only issue i see with the controllers really is that the triggers don't have trigger guards, that was pretty fail on their part. But honestly, Its never really bothered me that much, i mean i've tossed the occasional accidental nade in Nazi Zombies in CoD5 but thats pretty much only when i just like toss my controller on the couch or something, never accidentally hit it while holding the controller and playing so not to big a deal haha.

As for the having to charge em, it comes with a cable to charge it, and the cable is just a standard usb to mini usb cable(one of the older ones not the tiny tiny ones) and i have like 4-5 of those laying around just from various other devices and they can all charge it just fine. So it can be a wired controller, or a wireless depending on if you need battery, :) Not to mention that the ps3 actually has better graphics than the 360(if you watch some videos of side by side views of crysis 2 from the 360 to the ps3 you can actually see a difference.)

And I've had my ps3 for about 3 years now? Never had a problem with it, and as people have mentioned, I can just leave it running all day(usually on accident) but hasn't caused a problem.

12. well, sorry if i sound like an ass but there are games that look and play and are much better on the xbox vs. the ps3. Take RDR for instance, much much better on the xbox compared to the ps3.

13. Hmm, all the games i've seen between the two i've always thought the ps3 looked better, honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the differences are just biases based on what each person is used to, probably same thing with the controllers, I've played a lot more using the ps3 ones so obviously those feel a lot nicer and more comfortable than the 360 ones, and it seems like 360 owners feel the same way about ps3 controllers, wouldn't surprise me that much if it was a similar things with the graphics, you see a similar affect with older people who think that the old records sound better than on a CD when the CD has a better quality sound, they are just used to hearing it the other way so it sounds "off" when they hear the other one. (and im not trying to say that ps3 graphics are better, even though to ME they seem better, just my opinion though :) )

14. I think it varies from game to game, but the ps3 is capable of having "better" graphics. but these are not utilized as of now. and as for the controller, like i said i grew up with the ps2, and that controller feels very normal and comfortable to my had. But as soon as i got the 360 controller i fell in love with it. I prefer its size and trigger system over the ps3. I like having a controller that fits in man sized hands haha :D

15. most multi platform games are desinged for shitbox then the developers do a half ass job porting them to other platforms that's why ps3 get's railed u know where. it's a joke, but as long as they such a large customer base happy with the way things are of course they are not going to go above and beyond our expectations 8^( . just look how they release games now with the intent of chraging you twice for it with (map packs) , just unfinished games if you ask me. ps3 is way better game developers need to step it up.

16. I had the first gen 360 and it fucked up quite a bit. Got the rrod a couple times and i had to replace the video cables because they fucking broke somehow.

I finally got an e-74 error and microsoft sent me a brand new one for free within 2 weeks. Also i got a free month of live card with it.

17. lol i saw the tread title and thought it was gonna be about you getting cockblocked by ur xbox hahaha