Xbox, A New Generation Revealed

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Homelander, May 21, 2013.

1. can you pick a rottie?

2. All they showed was a K9 but that wouldn't be bad if they had more dogz

3. #23 Grimm420, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    na, its just a german shepherd. dont think they use rotties in special forces. though I wouldnt put it past them for some dlc skins or something.

I really like the specs, its more than 2x more powerful than my laptop.

the release will probly be mid to late november, just in time for holiday shopping.

4. I remember how much 360 ran when it first came out :) and the ps3 :laughing:
    cant wait to see these prices

5. perhaps not special forces, especially these days, but rotties do have a history of serving both world wars, and who knows how many battles before, that were lost to history.  Then again dogs means they will probably be killed and shit during battles, fuck that, id lose my shit if I had a rott in game and he died, id break the game or something, never could control my emotions. My emotions rule me.

[​IMG]

6. it'll most likely be 500-600, I honestly dont see them being able to charge more than that unless its special consoles.

yea I know they've had a history in war, but I think this is like set in modern times. and most likely the dog will die, they talked about you forming an emotional bond with it, so they'll probly kill it off near the end.

7. just read that every game must be installed, but after that no disc is required.

also, if you purchase a used copy (or even borrow a friend's) you will have to pay a fee to install and play that game.

8. As a PC Gamer, I'm used to strict DRM but Microsoft is taking it a bit too far with the Xbox One.
    -http://screencrush.com/xbox-one-will-utilize-pre-owned-fee-for-secondhand-games/

When I did play consoles, this would have been a deal breaker. Consoles are much more about playing with other people and not just via internet multiplayer. Restricting users to only being able to play a game on one account without paying an extra fee is ridiculous. That means no more borrowing games from friends and no more renting games from redbox, video store, gamefly, etc... It's a bit extreme. I know game companies might be struggling right now due to pirating and used sales, but to completely rid people of cheaper options is the wrong route to take. This is definitely a bad decision for Microsoft.

9. #29 Rotties4Ever, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    :laughing: microsoft is definitely not struggling, loaded fuckers, who only care about one thing: profit. The bottom line is always the same, who cares about customers, need moar money, never enough.

10. its not microsoft thats struggling but the actual developers. the used/rental game market kind of screws them over cuz they dont see any of that money. but this drm shit is uncalled for, its gonna fuck up consumers like me that tend to buy used games more than new ones cuz we just dont have $60 to spend on a game that may or may not be good.

honestly, once the steam box comes out, I'll probly go for it and play it more than a console. the only real reasons I've stuck with consoles is other than a good gaming pc costs more, consoles have a set limit and I dont have to go buy a new graphics card of whatever, plus while I know the keyboard technically is more superior to game with, I will ALWAYS choose a controller.

When I read this I decided officially that PS4 will be my way. Owned games are kinda what I do, I mean for the most part me and my roommates just go in on games together and just enjoy them on our own accounts and trade games with each other all the time. Shit I remember doing that stuff since I was super young, saving money by just trading games with friends or getting used ones. I won't be paying money to microsoft to play used games. I mean I might seem stingy, but I feel like the money doesn't even all go to the developer anyways so whatever. 

12. underwhelming would be my initial reaction.  I couldn't give 2 shits about this trending crap, the multimedia hub the multiple apps at once and all that shit.  I wanna see more gameplay, i wanna know what games are coming out and how much this big ass vcr is gonna run me.  Once i know all that, i'll decide which system i want.  sony's got that stupid share button too.  Seriously, this social media shit is getting out of hand i just wanna play my games.

13. Yeah i'm considering switching to pc gaming....

*sigh* i'm not ready to buy another xbox...

or a gaming rig for that matter... maybe i'll just hang up my gamer hat.

14. that Xi3 Piston that was supposedly gonna be the steam box comes out in december I think. but I think its supposed to be like $1000. Although Valve cut ties with it and are still gonna release their own thing at around $300, but its just rumor at this point.

15. #35 llllllllll, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
    Even after seeing the reveal info and the console it just leaves an empty feeling in me. I feel like this aesthetically unpleasing new xbox will cost upwards of 5-700 dollars because of the blu ray and that stupid kinnect. The specs revealed so far are decent, i guess, but the video card better be good.

this generation just doesnt feel proper to me. Wii U doesnt feel like a new system. XB1 doesnt feel like a new system. :confused_2: how are they still putting such weak hardware in consoles.

is the new DRM type feature where you can only play games on one account; does that make it so you can only play games without disks on the buyers account/system, cant you still give the disk to a friend to play it just they cant install and play without disk? if not then fuck that.

16. The DRM makes it so the game must be installed to the hard drive and then tied to the account. If you give your friend the disk, they'll also have to install it to their hard drive and pay a fee to have it tied to their account as well.

Honestly, if it's going that route, I don't see why Xbox doesn't just rid of the discs completely and just have a direct download service like Steam (unless you're buying a collectors edition to get the neat stuff inside)...

17. God dammit...wish I saw you're thread earlier, I totally missed it. Ahh well, i'm going to be choosing Sony next gen anyways, just like I did this gen.

Would have liked to see what the next xbox had to offer, though...what's the name of the next xbox anyway?

18. the drm thing isnt a big deal for me. i dont buy used games, dont loan or borrow games and i'd prefer to not have to worry about a scratched or misplaced disc. 

even as much as Microsoft irritates me, i dont think anything can make me go back to Sony.

19. Xbox One.
    I think the inital rumors were that it was going to be called the Xbox Infinity, but apparently not.