xbox 360 vs. ps3

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Dec 1, 2006.

1. sup bladez,

i recently got a job as a server @ tgi friday's. now that i've got some money rolling in again i've been wanting to get a vid game system.

i've been thinking about the 360 because it's cheaper and has some decent games. however, i'm also giving consideration to the ps3.

is the ps3 really all that much better than the 360? and if so is it worth the extra $200?

any advice is appreciated

2. Don't know if you'd consider it -- but I'd recommend the Wii.

3. 360... PS3 is an overrated expensive piece of shit.

I don't own either BTW, not a 360 fanboy.

4. I would go with the 360, its cheaper, and has far better games. If you look at some game review websites, the starting line for the ps3 is complete shit, there are like 2 or 3 games that have a rating above 8/10.

5. only reason you would want PS3 is for the blu-ray DVD player and HDMI support...otherwise, I can't tell the difference between the two in terms of graphics

6. Wii is a great system for the price other than that I would go 360 I think it's btter that the PS3 its also alot cheaper

7. Incoming Wall of Text!

PS3 is pretty pricey. Not only having to pay 600$ USD for one you also have to think about the hundreds upon hundreds of people who didn't get one launch day and still crave for one. The games out for PS3 now aren't getting amazing reviews (personally i think people who review games are cock suckers for telling you what to like). You really shouldn't listen to some overweight shut in talking about how the guns aren't "Realistic". Personally if i had the cash i would go for a PS3 (In 1 or 2 years)

360 is a decent console. (First off no i don't hate Microsoft i own a 360). However, after playing Both Gears of War and Dead Rising they really didn't have any replay value. Gears of War is ridiciously fun online. Sadly all games turn into a "Who can wait out the enemy". Even if you play with friends the damage system online is pretty lame. You can pump a whole SMG clip into someone and they will live yet they pump 1 shotgun round into you and your dead. Don't get me wrong it's fun but the damage/targeting system is shit.

Wii. The one thing that keeps being said about the Wii is "It's for kids" or "Look at the bad reviews the games have gotten". I still don't own a Wii simply because they are sold out everywhere. Zelda and Red Steel are the games that first made me interested in the console. For 250$ You get interactivity and basically some amazing technology. Only downside i see to the Wii right now is no online play were as the other two consoles supported games right out of the box.

It's really up to you I see all 3 consoles as cars basically. PS3 is a Ferrari, 360 is a Porsche And the Wii is a probably some type of ATV (More for fun than actual looks/speed)

Hope that helps

/end wall of text

8. if you want to get a ps3, wait till next summer.

as said before, the initial line up of games on the ps3 is pretty lacking. Ive seen a few sites give it a collective 6/10 rating. that coupled with the designers just not being comfortable with the technology yet just doesnt make it look too great a purchase at the moment.

if you could get both, or even all three (wii included) youd be the best off i must say, but for now, I think id grab a 360...

even though i love my sony :)

9. its a really great system, i highly recommend it as well.

10. I love my 360 more than i love my fiancé. lol. jk

11. Well it really comes down to what kinda games youre into. However Id recommend the 360 since its got some of the best games out right now. Gears of War and Viva Pinata are both wildly entertaining and will keep you busy for hours, not to mention you can download tv shows and movies on the new video marketplace which is cool for when you're really stoned and have nothing to watch. If you're lookin to spend the extra money get a Wii as well.

12. How is the Wii not in this? that looks better than both of them PUT TOGETHER

13. me personally i have owned my 360 for 6 months close to 7 months and i've never had one problem with the thing.

yea the ps3 looks awesome and yeait supports blu ray but other than that it's the same as the 360.

graphics all look the same + if you look at the upcoming releases there is some sick games coming for 360.

ps3 is overpriced IMO

14. The Wii!!!!

15. who cares what games is out now, the wii is the best investment you can make

16. fuck wii and ps3... all about the xbox360 baby... everythings better, IMO, from the graphics to the games.

17. I think the Wii is the far superior system. Nintendo has taken a risk with it, but they make some good points. Graphics can just keep getting better, but the games are just staying the same overall. The PS3 and the 360 are just the same bullshit as the PS2 and the Xbox, just with better graphics. The Wii is something fresh. It actually has potential to move games in a new direction. Whether or not Nintendo will push it to that potential remains to be seen, but the way it looks right now, I'd say that in a year or so the Wii will easily have the best games. If Wii isn't your cup of tea though, I'd probably go 360. It has a better lineup than what i'm seeing on the PS3 so far.

18. It's not just the graphics that improve with better processors (such as the ones that are in the 360 and PS3), it's also enhances gameplay by creating a more difficult AI, and more complex environments that can be interacted with to a greater degree.

Not to mention xbox is the UNDISPUTED champ of online play, which increases the replay value of the game. halo 2 came out what? like 4 years ago? Yet it's still one of the best games to multiplay. No other company has developed the support that the xbox live system has (did I mention you can download movies from the xbox live system as well?)

19. I'm sorry but I don't see the wii as anything new and inovative either. All I see is a game console with the same games that we always see, the only difference is that instead of using your thumbs to interact, you flail your arms around like a madman. To me, what is defining these next gen consoles is online competition and in this aspect the 360 far surpasses both the wii and the ps3. Dont get me wrong I think the wii is a neat system I just dont think it is going to have the lasting power of the 360 or even the ps3. Although im sure getting baked as hell and playing some zelda would be alot of fun.

20. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to assume that the Wii is going to be the next big thing, but it's a good idea. You don't have to flail your arms around, it's as simple as moving your wrist. It acts more like a mouse than anything else, and some of the Wii games I've played work great with it.

Granted, the lack of processing power will decrease the system's potential for AI, but from what I can tell, 360 isn't doing much with it. AI is cool and all, but if it's implemented into a shitty game, I'll take Zelda any day of the week. That's not to say that every game on the 360 is shitty, because I've played several that have been pretty cool, but most games for both the 360 and the original XBox have seemed real generic to me. I'd say the PS2 had better games than the XBox, even though it had noticeably inferior graphics. I'm just not seeing that Sony has much going for them in the game department this time around. Maybe in a year or two, things will be different, but right now I'd go with a Wii if for nothing else, the price.