xbox 360 serial code tracking?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by jaden420, Oct 21, 2011.

1. i spent the night at a freinds house last night and i transfered my xbox live gt to his xbox. and i get home the following morning and my xbox is stolen. I know the serial number to my xbox so my question is: can ms track a stolen xbox with only the xbox serial number if the theif gets on to xbox live, can they find his IP?

2. Yes. call microsoft and have them explain the process, and then youll probably have to explain it to the cop who is probably tech retarded.

3. #3 FoRsAkEn StOnEr, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    What i have learned from research about the same thing is that Microsoft will try its hardest NOT to find your xbox so you have to buy another one and all the maps again and everything else you lost...

They would rather have the 400+ dollars from the thousands that had there xbox robbed instead of help find them and make nothing.

Heres a little math to help explain.

if 10,000 people have there xbox stolen and all those people have to go buy new ones Microsoft makes another 4 million dollars.

So would you help everybody find there stolen xbox or collect the extra 4 million?

4. ^lol bullshit. you know nothing. You wont have to buy your DLC over again either all that is saved to your gamertag not the console.

OP call microsoft. they will help you find your xbox. youll need to get help from the police as well.

5. [quote name='"FoRsAkEn StOnEr"']What i have learned from research about the same thing is that Microsoft will try its hardest NOT to find your xbox so you have to buy another one and all the maps again and everything else you lost...

They would rather have the 400+ dollars from the thousands that had there xbox robbed instead of help find them and make nothing.

Heres a little math to help explain.

if 10,000 people have there xbox stolen and all those people have to go buy new ones Microsoft makes another 4 million dollars.

So would you help everybody find there stolen xbox or collect the extra 4 million?[/quote]

Thats wat i was thinking. Anyone else have experience with this situation?

6. #6 Jdahms, Oct 22, 2011
    yes i do. that's why im telling you to call microsoft and call the police. if you give the number to the cops and tell them to call microsoft they will find your xbox for you.

7. Hahahahahahahaha just reading the thread top to bottom made me laugh so hard, you know exactly what to do but OP don't care lmao

8. I actually got all my stuff back when I got robbed because they were able to track my xbox.

9. #9 jaden420, Oct 22, 2011

lol me too but im just wondering if anyone has actually done this b4 because i have read at least 10 peoples experiences with this on the net and they pretty much all have said that ms wouldnt help them srry if i want more than 1 persons opinion

10. ok ty for ur input

11. you need to get the police to call them. those 10 people are idiots who don't know how to deal with anything. you aren't going to find people posting online about how they did get their xbox back because the issue is behind them.