Xbox 360 RING OF DEATH! Blah! What Now!?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Romain, Sep 25, 2007.

1. My 360 just got the dreaded "Red Ring of Death" (Perfect time with Halo 3 right? hah)

I tried the Towel overheat deal, don't work. And if it did it only works for a couple days/hours.

I went through the Online register your console to Microsoft.com deal and have my Order Receipt in hand with the Order number and what not saying..

<TABLE id=ProductTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=TDLeft width=280>Product </TD><TD class=TDLeft width=70>Quantity </TD><TD class=TDRight width=88>Price (USD) </TD><TD class=TDRight width=122>Total </TD></TR><TR height=24><TD vAlign=center colSpan=4><HR style="HEIGHT: 1px" color=#999999></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD class="pad10_19 DataText">Console Repair - In Warranty - Xbox 360</TD></TR><TR><TD class="pad10_19 DataTextEmphasized">Part # 40161</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class="DataText center" vAlign=top>1</TD><TD class=TDRight vAlign=top>$0.00</TD><TD class=TDRight vAlign=top>$0.00</TD></TR><TR height=24><TD vAlign=center colSpan=5><HR style="HEIGHT: 1px" color=#999999></TD></TR><TR><TD class=InformationalText style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px">Pro-forma Invoice from Microsoft

Product prices shown do not include VAT. VAT is charged based on the VAT Rate of the country to which the product ships.

Shipping and handling charges are included in the price. </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=TDLeft>Subtotal</TD><TD class=TDRight>$0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TDLeft>Shipping</TD><TD class=TDRight>$0.00</TD></TR><TR height=24><TD vAlign=center colSpan=4><HR style="HEIGHT: 1px" color=#999999></TD></TR><TR><TD class=TDLeft>Order Total </TD><TD class=TDRight>$0.00 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR height=31><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My questions is, from where do I send my 360 to? How should i pack it? Etc.

Let me know thanks guys stay up :smoke:

2. 1-800-4MYXBOX

call them, they will walk you through the process.

just did this one to mine yesterday.

MS sends you a box, you pack your console, and resend it to them, 100% free of charge.

3. You could go to Wal-Mart and buy a new 360, put your broken one in the box, then return it and get your money back + a new 360 :)

4. Work on the math of that one....

5. I think he means take it back to walmart, not send it back to ms.

Offtopic: after trying a bunch of scratch removal methods, it was guitar polish that fixed my guitar hero 2 disc.

6. They send you a box to send it out in with everything you need in it with instructions. Its not that hard just read what it says to do.

7. How would i go about doing that in the first place..don't they check Serial numbers when they open the box and what not

Thanks JokerSmoker, i guess i'll have to give them a call.

8. It was more of a joke, but I think I read somewhere (may have been here) that someone did it and they didnt even check the box.

9. I say pee on it, pour gas on it light it on fire and throw it out a window.... my 360 stopped working less than 6 months after i got it, they never helped me, so 6 months later after it broke i took it apart and just cleaned the laser eye it works again! but occasionally doesnt read the disc cuz its relativly scratched...

10. You need to go to walmart buy a new one, box your old one up and take it back claming you just bought a bunk one and get your $$ back. Walmart has the most lienent exchange policy in the world.

But ya i just looked and its already been recommended. the first box i bought was broken, I took it back and they didnt even open the box to check it was there. No questions at all. Just my 400$ back.

11. My brother fucked up his ipod that he got from walmart. We took it back with the receipt and the guy just opened the box with the ipod in it, looked at it, then signed some shit and then refunded my grandpa's credit card.

12. If I get the "ring of death" right now I will absolutely flip a shit.

13. As a last chance send it back to msoft cause they will take there fucking time getting it back to you.

14. I sent mine out on a Thursday and got it back the next Wednesday so I wouldnt say thats too bad.

I took one back to walmart as well, they said that you had to send it to MS and that they wouldnt let me swap for a new one. 15 minutes of bitching later and I was walking out of walmart with a new 360.

15. Was it before the new red ring warrenty? A couple of my friends have had to send theres back since and its been an epic wait.

16. the xbox rep i talked to told me 3-4 weeks. sucks, but shit man better than me having to deal with it...i mean, im tech savvy and stuff, but i really just do not feel like fucking with it when someone will fix it for free, and all i have to do is sit on my ass and wait. I have diablo II that keeps me busy in the mean time :)

17. What's the towel overheat deal?

It's free even if the warranty expired? I have the same problem with the 3 rings of death.

18. DUDE! THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME! The day Halo 3 came out.

Called customer service. They're sending me a shipping box so i can get it repaired. so fucking gay.

19. As of 10/10/07 my Status for my Registered XBOX 360 has been missing. It just asks me if i wan't to "Register a New Device"..no Shipping updates or anything.

soo I'm thinking it's been shipped back out to me

Time: A little over 2 weeks, but still haven't recieved it probably in the next day :smoke:

20. so did you ever get you xbox back? i sent mine in about 2 weeks ago, dont expect it for another week or 2