Xbox 360 Or Ps3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Terry Wrist, Oct 14, 2009.

1. :rolleyes:they shove all kinds of commercial's down your throat.and i hate to tell you but there is way less lag on ps3.ALL of the multiplatform fps are p2p networking and the ps3's hardware does a much better job acting as a sever just the military(who uses 1,200 of them linked together for it's fastest supercomputer)or all the universities who cluster them to together for their supercomputer's.don't hear that kind of performance coming out of crapbox's hardware.

2. You seem to have extremely limited experience with "crapboxes" ((which, btw, is a very fanboyish term), as nobody else seems to be experiencing these ads being supposedly shoved down our throats.
    Not to mention, xbl doesnt get hacked constantly. Less than a month ago, psn was hacked for, i believe, the fourth time this year.
    To avoid sounding like a fanboy myself, i must point out again that both systems have pros and cons. Xbl trumps psn, and is inexpensive for anybody. Homeless people could afford it. Ps3 has bluray, though, as well as a more powerful (albeit, not well utilized) graphics card, and web browser.
    Many multiplatform games are made on xbox first then ported to ps3 because xbox is friendlier to developers, resulting in reduced or even downright poor quality games on the ps.
    To conclude, ps3 is a superior entertainment system, while xbox is better suited for hardcore gamers.

3. [quote name='"Broseph Radson"']You seem to have extremely limited experience with "crapboxes" ((which, btw, is a very fanboyish term), as nobody else seems to be experiencing these ads being supposedly shoved down our throats.
    Not to mention, xbl doesnt get hacked constantly. Less than a month ago, psn was hacked for, i believe, the fourth time this year.
    To avoid sounding like a fanboy myself, i must point out again that both systems have pros and cons. Xbl trumps psn, and is inexpensive for anybody. Homeless people could afford it. Ps3 has bluray, though, as well as a more powerful (albeit, not well utilized) graphics card, and web browser.
    Many multiplatform games are made on xbox first then ported to ps3 because xbox is friendlier to developers, resulting in reduced or even downright poor quality games on the ps.
    To conclude, ps3 is a superior entertainment system, while xbox is better suited for hardcore gamers.[/quote]

^agreed....

4. XBL is full of ALLSTATE commercial's and sprint commercial's ,BING and many many other's that they million's off from and then have the nerve to charge you to use your own system.the only reason devs screw ps3 is because so many people buy the crapbox cuz it's cheaper.they ran into the RROD because they found out what they were up against pushed the release date ahead to steaL and ps3.sony pioneered everything on it's console where as microsoft just sued SEGA for the dreamcast and reboxed it.for me i pick quality and intelligence over cheap stolen ideas any day.they pioneered dual analog,bluray(holds up to 50gb and is 10x more scratch resistant)and xbox even copies sony just look at cooling design they stole to help fix their massive failure.microsoft in action.so have fun jumping off a cliff cuz all your buddies do as for me i stick with quality.and if you really think the company that put so much into it's console wouldn't step up it's network if it was more profitable then you are a true fanboy.they just need more customer's,if they had xbox's #'s they would with out a doubt step up their network.

5. No, no, and um...no. stop spouting your biased shit please.

6. #86 Jdahms, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011

you obviouly dont play on both systems if you somehow think that the networking on PSN is better.

There are no ads on XBL that dont have to do with new features on XBL. you are just making shit up like a dumb fanboy and everyone who has touched an xbox knows it.

Oh and guess what? All of the multiplatform FPS games were developed for the xbox and ported to the PS3 because the xbox has a much better development kit.

7. personally speaking, i just got a ps3 and i love it. ive played xbox at several of my friends houses and i enjoy it, seeing very minimal differences. i got a ps3 just because i like the controller better, its more of what i am used to.
    i got one of those hdmi cords and games look unreal. i watch netflix on it every night. its a great thing to have around.

8. HDMI is a must have for these consoles especially if you are playing shooters

9. Console wars... and i thought stoners were tolerant people. Everyone relax, this isent a fucking Gamebattles forum to argue about the better system. I honestly only like Xbox 360 cuz im a die hard Gears of War fan mmk? Just cuz u blabber about all this non sence isent going to make me decide to buy a ps3. I have both, but gave my older bro my ps3 because there was no point in having 2 systems when i obviously like Gears of War and all my friends played xbox so w/e.
    Ps3 or Xbox 360, we're all chilling dudes and need to relax and have a toke.:bongin:

10. that is what this sticky is for

11. I like PS3 because with XBOX you have to buy online play. Now hear me out if you play a lot then its alright but if you buy points you might as well use them.

So in essence you're either playing online and using the points to good use or you're wasting money by not utilizing the points.Kinda makes me feel like I'm forced to keep playing.

I'm not too big of a gamer so I choose the PS3.

12. I had a PS3 fatboy (finally got the yellow light tho)

And now play an xbox, bug I prefer the PS3 over xbox anyday.

Nothing against the xbox per se, but I think overall the PS3 is a far better system..although developers tend to make games for the xbox far better at times, but...

I think the bluray is alot better than multiple discs on the xbox...

Overall if you like online play (and don't mind paying for it) xbox is the way to go. But overall I miss the playstation and will be getting a new one come tax time.

13. ps3 definitely. blu ray & free online :)

14. My buddy tried to show me his skyrim character on the PS3 today. Too bad he had to download a patch with shit fuck ass PSN. took 30 minutes to download and install (wut) the patch before we could play.

Took 5 seconds on my xbox. :eek:

15. I have both consoles. I barely ever use my PS3 :eek: The controller sucks compared the Xbox - shit hurts my hands and I feel like I'm going to break it. Sending game invites is gay too, at least it was w/ MW2.

I used PS3 for watching Blu rays but I even said to hell with that awhile ago since dvd's are a rip, and many programs on Netflix are now HD.

After PS3's awesome (free :rolleyes:) system got hacked I just gave up on it. I haven't turned it on for awhile :smoking:

16. I'm a fucking nerd, I have all four major game consoles. I love three of them. Of coarse that mean's I'm excluding Wii. :D (I know this was just about 360 vs PS3)

With the PC I have mods. The game selection is not as stellar but the classics are top notch. Half-life...Counter Strike you get the point. Playing skyrim blazed is like fucking a bitch doggy style whilst watching x-files.. it never get's old... in fact in many ways it always get's better. :)

All I have to say about the wii is it's best feature; The ability to play game cube games.

PS3. Hey if you can't stand PSN and the game selection isn't within your taste, this beauty has BluRay. Enough for me. :cool:

360. This device is stellar. Gaming wise, I feel as if it's at the top of the podium. Along the lines of entertainment I feel as if it has a disadvantage, but that's because of limitation in its function. (No browser,, Applications suck; facebook and twit-twit. and who gives a fuck about avatar's)

It might be my long love of halo that turned me to the dark side (360) or just that the fact that nintendo dedecide theyre audicence was illiterate toddlers and 12 year old girls.

Either way, if your looking to get one.. Try all three and just go with what you prefer, don't let someone else make your decision.

17. I love my 360. It's reliable, user friendly, and I meet endless weed connects on it. The wide assortment of games, free content, ESPN, and FM radio is the shit. The ESPN content alone is worth the money for live. I initially was a sony fan since ps2 but the xbox price won me over and it was the best choice I ever made.

18. PC thats all i have to say

19. 360... Way better online.. Plus just always been a Xbox player the ps3 controller I feel like ima break..

20. #100 REIS, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Haha, just out of curiosity how to you manage to find weed connects online? Maybe it's just the games that I play, but it's been awhile since I've ran into any og's.