Xavior's Test grow...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Xavior, Jun 5, 2003.

1. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I tried to get rid of it and it attacked me, im all out of breath cause I ran the fuck away like a pussy (i think i have a bug phobia or something).

Damnit

It wasnt seeming to be eating my plant, it must have been just basking in the glory of 125w of CFL. There was some kinda fly there the other day, but they are always the wierdest bugs ever.

I think I'm gonna hafta build a tent around the grow area to keep those fuckers out.

Attached Files:

2. ....are spider mites red and do they move quick as shit? i had a red little thing that was movin all over the plant at one point, but it looked too large to be a spider mite from what ive heard about them.

i dont think any bugs have been doing anything to it...in the past couple days this plant has taken a beating because of me. first i burn it by putting the lights too close, then i prune the really burnt leaves, then i put too much nitrogen fertilizer in the soil, then i flush the soil with lots of water, lol...

that bug is still up there and seems primarily interested in the light, im just gonna get a vacuum and suck him up.

also - he wasnt like staying in one spot...i hope he wasnt feasting on trichomes or something

3. Well shes getting bigger, bt I'm positive all these bugs are coming because of the bat guano....theres like 100 different bugs crawling around in the soil....

Attached Files:

4. FUCK

Attached Files:

5. More of the black bug...

Attached Files:

6. That first picturre, the black bug was just sitting there on the leaf...not good :(

Attached Files:

7. Now....this is the bug I thought couldnt be a spider mite because it was red and kinda big....but now theres like 10 of them in the soil.

Attached Files:

8. The one next to it is some other kind of brown one...

Attached Files:

9. I went and took some more photos...

Attached Files:

10. On both leaves... there are these things...

Attached Files:

11. More leaf damage...this is on the leaf opposite to the other damaged one.

Attached Files:

12. :( damn bat guano

hmmm...thwe leaf 'damage' wasnt damage....i was able to whipe it off?? very strange

it looks like insect poop....but i guess that doesnt exist

13. The beetles (black) poses no threat just take them off by hand and kill or release. The red one looks almost like a baby tick. I'd be worried if you see small white bugs whiteflies or spider mites both are very small like a head of a needle.

You can purchase lady bugs they will eat all nuciance pest while leaving your plants alone.

Peace
    GB

14. LOL, funny you bring that up, there was a lady bug that just showed up an hour or so ago, I was wondering what a nice bug was doing there with hoolagins. Hehe

15. Not looking very happy right now...but overall the plant has exploded with growth.

I'll be switching to 18/6 or 20/4 once I find the timer. I'm thinking the wilting is due to over-watering or light stress, but we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Attached Files:

• sad.jpg
      sad.jpg
      File size:
      83.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Those leaves are very droopy you might be overwatering.

17. yip....don't water it for a few days and see if it improves.......Peace out.......Sid

18. HIGH All, the most common mistakes among growers starting out is overwatering.

The bugs that are bugging you I would kill...I had over 50 seeders growing in a closet and I went and took a look to see how the little gaffers were doing and most of the seeders were girdled like a tree and fell over. One of your pics reminded me of that horrible day and I found the culprits doing the logging under a couple of the pots...Weevils...everytime I see a Weevil it's dead. The other picture could be Flea Beetles, I get them on out Tomato plants outside.

Here's a couple pics of the culprits I think may be Bugging you.
    The Weevil left and the Flea Beetle right. The Larvae live in the soil and eat those tender young roots.

Attached Files: