Xavior's Test grow...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Xavior, Jun 5, 2003.

1. I use a spritzer with water that stands at least a day. Sometimes I cheat and drop in some H2O2 ;)

I usually water twice a day (once when the lights go one, and once before they go out)...thats the only reason I use the spritzer, so I dont over-water, lol.

2. I've switched to a 24 hour light cycle...I figure its going to need all the light it can get seeing as they are only 2 fluoros.

Attached Files:

3. Heres a shot of my exhaust fan...too bad there isnt one out above my garage :( it would take vare of all my heat problems.

Attached Files:

4. Well I've made even further improvements...

I've completely taken the other two pots out because they were doing so poorly. So its all about Jan now. Notice the mylar as the grow floor and sides ;) how many people with fluoros have mylar??? Hehe. Also notice the vornado fan that gives it a fresh breeze.

I've also took the liberty of adding a thermometer....the low is about 75 and the high is about 90. Any suggestions on evening this out? I think some of the problem is that the fan blows on it all the time and so the room temperature directly effects the plant more that it used to when the heat would 'pool' inside the grow space. I have a small cermaic heater that is pointing at the set-up and has its own thermostat to help fight off the cold, but I think I may have to set it a little higher than it is right now.

Attached Files:

5. Does anyone know if I can put the mylar on the inside of the fixture reflector? Will it get to hot?

6. Looking nice...I can see the 5 leaf set starting to grow with a top view.

Attached Files:

7. Whats with this purple stuff? Is it ok?

Attached Files:

8. And also, what are these? Nodes?

Attached Files:

9. nah, just leaves. almost look like female flowers:);)

10. Ok cool - yeh I was thinking about doing something like that....some sort of system that waters it just enough to keep it alive while im gone.

Yeh this is my first grow :) I didnt think that she was doing very well, but I could be wrong, hehe.

11. WOWSA!

New lights (H), gonna be part of my upcoming real grows. In the mean time I can use them to boost my bitch Jan up a bit.

BTW - those thigns are expensive as shit...if you can, ventilate and get HID bulbs instead. What you see there cost me $250.

Attached Files:

12. ;)

Attached Files:

13. It's kind-of a oxy-moron...I buy $250 of lights, yet I use the boxes my fluoros came in to put mylar on...hehe.

Attached Files:

14. How heat resistant is mylar? That space isnt much more than a few cubic feet...super bright :D

I took a footcandle reading at the top of the plant and got 6000 :eek: before with the fluoros i got 170....improvement? Haha.

15. I obviously spoke too soon and both underestimated the heat output of the bulbs and the distance between it and the plant.

As a result two of the original leaves were practically melted by the light.

I was forced to amputate :(

Attached Files:

16. It would seem that the rest of the plant (aside from some minor heat stress to the other set of larger leaves) is in fairly decent health.

Attached Files:

17. I'd say that its been at least 4 or 5 hours since I saved it and moved the bulbs farther away...so I'm assuming that its going to be alright...thank god it had its 5 leaf set already.

Also, I read somewhere that after pruning it takes a plant about 2 days to recover. So hopefully it will be ok if it reacts the same to getting burnt as clipped.

Attached Files:

18. I hope whatever is forming inbetween the stems will keep growing despite my carelessness.

Attached Files:

19. Well, shes still alive. As expected she hasnt grown much due to the shock. All her leaves have actually perked up quite a bit and now face the CFL directly above it (the red one is off)

20. Well shes getting big....notice that fucking black bug on there.

Attached Files: