Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

XANX and drug test

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WetWilly, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Hi all, this is my first post but I have been lurking for about a year now. I am sadly a former pot head I quit smoking about a month ago because I am going into the navy. I have 11 days before I go to boot camp and within 24 hours of arriving at bootcamp I will be drug tested I am not worried about pot showing up in the system but I am worried about the 2 (.25mg) xanx that I just took about an hour ago showing up. I have searched around and erwoid.org said it can take up to 6 weeks to exit my system. I have been working out for the last 2-3 weeks and am about 5'11 and wiegh 150lbs. so I am not fat at all. Do you think that I will have to worry about this or am I just overreacting. I have taking xanx before but never an everyday thing at most just one or two .25mg pills a week.

2. they really care if you were using before you joined ?

3. Yea I am going into advanced electronics and if anything is shown up on the test you get discharged and can never get back into the military again. I know a kid who was stupid enough to do some coke the night before he went to bootcamp and he can never get back into the military.

4. benzodiazepines stay testable for 3-7 days.

5. Xanax, what techinically spoken is not a benzodiazepine like valium because of the extra triazolan ring in the molecule, has a very short half-life (hence it's addictive properties) so if you get tested in 11 days there isn't much to worry about.

Peace.

6. You know, I think when I was looking it up I did look for valiums. Woops!

Now that I look at it again, it is still under the scope of benzodiazepines, but is an alprazolam. I guess that's what I was looking it when I went over to the drug testing vault to figure out how long it was testable.

7. ^^
    unless you don't have a prescription. the military can be hardcore about drug use.

8. ^
    like stoned jude said, its a commonly perscribed medication and i'm pretty sure that you can get free trial tabs with a .25mg xanax in it without any sort of perscription... generic brand xanax has the same stuff in it, and can be bought without perscriptions also... but nothing will probably show up so you most likely dont have anything to worry about...