Xandurs Ramp Scrog

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Xandur, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Ahoy Kapts,

Exciting things happening in the flowering room, so I figured I'd make a thread about it. What we have here is similar to a V-Scrog in that the shape of the screen takes advantage of light output, curving like a ramp in a similar shape to the HPS bulb. In theory :)
    I flipped the lights a week ago, so the fun is about to begin.
    Here's the lowdown on what's going on:

Coco and 30% perlite                                 
    Smart Pots (equivalent)
    H&G Aqua Flakes, usually at half strength
    Bottom-feeding
    400w in 3'x3' space

Under the screen we have:
    Skywalker
    Strawberry Cough (x2)
    Great White Shark
    C1
    Black Widow

Off to the side, as larger plants:
    C1 and a Blue Dream plant whose sex remains unknown 0.o

The screen this time is cage wire, and so far I love it compared to the standard 2” holes of the last screen. With smaller squares, you can really put those tops where you want em!

I cannot say enough good about coco since I switched from soil. There are so many fewer problems, bugs hate it, and very impressive growth rates.

Technically this is a perpetual grow, but we'll see how much interest there is before we continue past this round of flowering plants. That said, new plants will appear periodically (every two weeks actually) and I'll be sure to mention them as they come in.

Cheers and thanks for stopping by to those along for the ride!

Attached Files:

2. safe to say,  get them as Horizontal as you can.....  where they bend over about 1/3 up the plant so as not to break your main stem.    This will send the message that all the internodal growth needs to become tops.....  THEN train all that shiz into your screen....  You will see MUCH better results/yields  Check out my girls below.  

They look great though!!

3. Thanks brother!

On my last grow I had a shitload of tops, and I think this time I'm just gonna go for a few large colas and see what happens. I've been taking off anything extraneous in that sense.

I didn't see a link to your ladies, maybe try again?

Xandur

http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

4. So jealous of your strains! Interesting idea, excited to see the results

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Well thats a fine idea!

6. Xandur

Attached Files:

7. Update on the ramp scrog.

Everything is frosting up nicely. The Skywalker back there at the far end of the screen is very droopy, not sure what's going on with her.

I chopped the top 8" or so off the blue dream last week (before it started really producing trichomes) because it was just getting too tall. Glad I did though, now I have a healthy thick clone of her.

Three new plants added to the screen on the 1st of this month, a Raskal OG, another C1, and another blue dream I cut a few weeks ago.

Enjoy!

Xandur

Attached Files:

8. Nice job. Where u get ur strains ?  :bongin:

9. #11 Xandur, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    [quote name="Burplekush" post="18353581" timestamp="1373857743"]Nice job. Where u get ur strains ? :bongin:[/quote]Several different places over the past several months:The C1 and strawberry cough were from Harborside Health Center in Oakland. This place is nothing short of a wonderland of strains.Blue Dream was a bagseed that almost died on me as a baby, then exploded into a monster of a lady. I also have a good sized LA Confidential bush on the veg shelves that was also a bagseed.Black Widow, Great White Shark, and Skywalker are all carry-over strains from the last grow and were all three from a place called Cannanetics, also in Oakland, which was not my favorite type of establishment.Raskal OG was a difficult mom to get, and I don't even remember the name of the clone bank.So essentially, all over the place :)Xandurhttp://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

10. cool shit . Lettme know how was harborside !!?!?! They have harlequin clone? 

11. Haahaha you get $20 eigths?!?!?! Hahaha funny because i smoke great but its just too disappointing to spend anything more then $25 an eighth . Yah well only interest was when i heard about the harlequin clones. Thank you for the info and time! I checked there website out and it surely was nothing impressive price wise. Nice strains though. Anyways hows your babies doing?   :bongin:

12. Sometimes $15, and rarely, $10 8ths around these parts.

The ladies are doing well, fattening up steadily

Added three new babies on Saturday, a raskal OG and two more C1 clones. So far the C1 strain has been the fastest growing, easiest to clone, and healthiest I've seen.

Xandur

Attached Files:

13. Fuck and your telling me these eighths for that price are top quality? You know the genetics of those 2 clones? And what is the third pic? 

14. The third pic is one of the strawberry coughs, I'm really pleased with how dense they're getting.

Cheap bud from the club is generally very good. Don't get me wrong, they also have up to $70 8ths of some things.

Xandur

15. Looks nice!  Hahaha i don't know what clinic you go to but from LA's standpoint , 20 eighth's are pure schwag. Ive encounter a few spots on deals to get hooked up but besides that i hunt in between harvest for bud and some kind of deal that equals out to 25 an eighth. Overpriced in my opinion. I'm waiting on that blue dream. I got one going as well.  :hello:

Since you mentioned it, figured I'd get a couple closeups of her; that'd be the first two pictures.

Frosty frosty ;)

Attached Files:

The reason you aren't impressed with the weed is because you are getting it from dispensaries. It is a well know fact that they tumble and scrounge off the trichs for themselves and other products. That is where the blazing head and body highs come from. I won't name any names but many of them do it. Get some from a dispensenary but before you buy look at through a scope or loupe.

Either grow it or get from a reputable dealer. Then when you a bill for a quater you will be impressed. Don't get me wrong just because someones says it costs a bill a quarter doesn't mean it is worth it. The key is to actually know personally whom you are getting your stuff from.