xanax..

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by xxowl, Mar 29, 2009.

1. i wish i was prescribed xanax. i have terrible anxiety all the time.

is there any way i could do this? i live with my parents, and they know i'm anxious and they know its a problem. but they wont take me to a psychologist or anything.

bah

2. You could try to have a stronger mind and learn to deal and cope with life, smoke some herb and relax, if that doesn't work then I think you should let a doctor decide if you need something that strong to deal with it. :D :smoking:

3. Yeah considering legal/insurance aspects you would probably need to go through your parents unless there was a serious reason you couldn't. And I definitely reco% you see someone, although if you are actually trying to cure your anxiety don't just go in there hoping to get some benzos, go in there for the right reason.

4. #4 Diceman, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    Yea this is what I did

I went in and told my doc I was having sleep problems.

Taking hours to fall asleep, waking up alot, what little sleep I was getting was bad sleep. I told him maybe 2 nights a week I sleep fine though.

He named off sleep medicines like ambien, lunesta, and xanax then asked what I wanted so I ofcourse said xanax.

I don't have anxiety and have very small sleep issues yet I now have 1mg xanax and he says if they work then he will give me 3month then 6month scripts and stronger...

The trick is not going to a popular expensive doctor. Look for the hole in the wall...they like you coming back. Im sure he knew that givin me xannies just like that will keep me a happy customer of his :D

EDIT: Also...I don't know how you dress but clean up for the doctor. Wear pants that fit properly, a simple nice shirt, no messy hair.

If the doc is gonna question whether or not your gonna abuse the script he's gonna look at how you dress/act.

5. how many mg?

6. In my opinion, I would say: Don't. Really, don't.

I have terrible anxiety all the time too. It sucks, but I've been down the xanax road and trust me it sucks way more.

Recreational use is one thing, but taking it for constant anxiety is a damn slippery slope. And really just plain a bad idea, if you ask me. I don't even know why some doctors prescribe it for anxiety... let alone on a long-term basis (which many don't actually do anymore). Even on a short-term basis you still run a pretty high risk of going through some really shitty withdrawals.

Really shitty is kind of an understatement, actually... The two weeks or so that I spent dealing with xanax withdrawals was probably the longest two weeks of my life. Bleh.

Okay, I'm not going to go on an entire tirade about why I think it's a horrible thing to take for anxiety (even though I kinda did already :p). But if you wanna know more you can always PM me. :smoking:

7. haha thanks for the advice guys.

maybe xanax isnt best for me, but i still wish there was something i could take, not just recreationally. anxiety affects my life every day and i hate it.