}x{Sam's Garden}x{ :D

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by sincerestarr, Jul 10, 2011.

1. So here I am journaling about a garden u started outdoors... This however is a legal edible garden and love it! I started out building a triangle frame... The contents are easy and cost less than $29 to build!

Attached Files:

2. I would love gettin todo this.

It's so simple, screw going out n buying vegies and fruit, just grow it in your backyard for practically free!

You should lay out some details on what you did, what you're growin and what the end results you got were :smoke:

3. #3 sincerestarr, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Okay it's really easy, I went and bought a hand tiller/aerator at Southern Farm Supply for about $5 it's really nice and is even adjustable in length.... I then bought huge bags of Angus Manure and turned the dirt over along with mixing in the soil and some compost I created with rabbit dung and clippings! The landscaping tanners are about $2.88 a piece and the 60penny nails I used are only .38 cents a piece make sure they are galvanized! I basically laid them over the area I tilled to make the triangle shape stacked on top of one another (you can add another railroad tie to make it taller, I dug it very deep so only used two!) you then just hammer the two together and arrange them in a triangle... The ends are not connected as they just sit there nicely and I wanted to be able to break it down if needed to move to a more nutrient rich part of the yard for next year... Sort of like rotating crops :)

4. I love gardening OP. :D

Really relaxing and I think it's better to eat what you grow rather than buying it somewhere else. (like growing buddha, for example.)

5. i didnt get to start my garden this year :(

but theres a grow in my closet :D

6. #6 sincerestarr, Jul 10, 2011
    Hahaha awesomeness... Mine has it's own room... So much fun... Lol and I love the aroma of growing indoors...

7. #7 sincerestarr, Jul 10, 2011
    Hehe yes, I had some zucchini I just pulled off a plant and roasted it with garlic and parmesan... Hello snack time! ;)