x nutrients -

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by cultivateMI, Dec 8, 2011.

1. From hydroonix. Anyone used them? ?

2. I believe this is the set of nutrients my local grow store gave me for free. I will check in the morning to make sure. If they are them, I can say that their cloning gel worked for me. I have yet to try out the nutes though.

3. Ya, you really want to spend the money and get some good nutrients..
    It will pay you back in the end for sure....

The cheapest place I have found nutrients is The Hydro Source
    They also sell Complete Nutrient Bundles...

I've used that store for a couple years now, I have ALWAYS got great service, fast shipping, and they ship in plain Discreet Packaging too...

4. So ur saying you like xnutrients?

5. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say NO...
    If Mr. Green got some FREE nutrients, and "have yet to try out the nutes", I'm thinking he bought some better nutrients...

I been growing for around 16yrs now, and it's the first I have heard of X Nutrients..
    But the plants will grow on just about any NPK nutrients, but the question is "how well do they grow on the cheaper nutrients"???

IMHO, again, buy some good nutrients like GH, AN, FF, etc. etc... it will pay you back in the long run....

6. Ya just was a question I use almost the whole advanced line

7. I haven't tired them yet because I believe that you don't fix something unless it's broken. From my understanding, this is a new company. They gave me these to try out and to give them an opinion. I always get hooked up at the local grow store. Always 30% off everything (off MSRP, not price hike up's) and ussually always walk out with something for free (given not stolen lol). Just last week they hooked me up with free B-52, SensiZyme and Big Bud. I love my hydro store!!!!!!!

8. Yea that's nice

My store loves me

ForumRunner_20111208_145151.png

9. That looks to be about a 20% discount right there! I love discounts! Cheers.....

10. Now that's what I am talkin' about! lol!

11. [quote name='"Mr.Greeny"']Now that's what I am talkin' about! lol![/quote]

Exactly

12. Never. Know what's in 1s indoor garden

13. I know what you mean :D! I have things I can't even take photos of! lol

14. [quote name='"Mr.Greeny"']I know what you mean :D! I have things I can't even take photos of! lol[/quote]

Nice!!!

15. Back to the original question...

I've been using X Nutrients 3-part since my box switched to 12/12, two weeks ago.

The grow was started with GH Flora nutrients using the Lucas ratio. But I was seeing some yellowing that looked like a deficiency and it wasn't going away, even though my pH and environmental conditions were in order.

So I decided to make a change to the free nutrients acquired from my local hydro shop.

At the switch from 24 hours-on to 12-on/12-off, I flushed the reservoir and roots with straight RO water and filled the tank with 80% of the dosage recommended by X Nutrients for Week 1 of Bloom. I also added a little MagiCal.

Since then I've kept the reservoir in the 900-1150 ppm and 5.5-6.0 pH range.

My plants are now extremely healthy.

My only complaint about the X Nutrients is that for the first 8 or so days, I was seeing rapid, pH drops (.1-.2 per day). Although that problem seems to be subsiding. pH actually rose from 5.7 to 5.8 in the past 24 hours.

This isn't meant to be an endorsement of the X Nutrient line. The yellowing I originally experienced may have been the result of environmental factors rather than the GH nutrients or the Lucas ratio.

There was some early heat burn and later the nutrient pump failed for a couple of days.

But I am generally happy with the X Nutrients and plan to buy more when they run out. Whether I use them for the next grow is yet to be determined.

You can follow all my travails by checking my grow journal.

16. I got some free too. I believe it is local to central coast cali.

I love it so much x nute is all I use just have some cal mag to supp it if using ro water. And their cloning gel is the shit!
    Best nutes at the price point for vegging.
    Flowering not as much but still very capable.

Anyone who says cheap doesn't work. My hydroshop guy (yes a friends friend story deal) said a guy he knows is doing a side by side between adv, gen, x, and a few others and says X looks the best and is the easiest to maintain. But that's just one growers experience.

17. So you think X Nutrients are better than Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice Bundle at $17.99????
    So you get Advanced Nutrients 1L bottles of G/M/B base nutrients for 18 bucks!!

I'm thinking I will stick with a WELL known nutrient manufacture that designs their nutrient around marijuana cultivation...

But to each is his/her own.... ;)

18. That is a good deal but I pay maybe $12 for X nutes. Not much less. I do wanna do my own side by side with adv or gen but what I can say is my plants look very healthy and that's all I could ask.

But I will agree some cheap nutes are just that. I have been trying some "Simply Central" and I'm having lots of nitrogen issues

19. You pay $12 bucks for all 3 base nutrients (G/M/B) in 1L bottles????
    Cheapest I have found is $10 for each, so would be like $30 for all 3...

Can you link us to where you get your nutes??