www.marijuana-seeds.nl REVIEW - With Pictures!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Lion, May 16, 2009.

1. #421 GreatLakeSmoke, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    All sounds pretty good I'm still holding off because I need to get my veg / mother closet back in order hopefully they get the credit card going before I order. As for identifying the seeds I would hope if u placed an order that all the bags would be labeled unless you only had two different strains then I guess they could get away with only labeling one bag.... maybe I'm not understanding your part about their labeling. Either way at least it all worked out for you.What strains have you ordered ...I'm looking at a handful of different ones thc snow, sour grape kush is another on my list probably some og or crystal. Also what strains recently has anyone run that would be nice to hear about as well.Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

My first order was 8 strains (6 + 2 freebies), second order was 5 strains (3 + 2 freebies). It's not a big problem that one baggie wasn't labeled. After examining all the labeled baggies you can figure out what the unlabled one is supposed to be. But, still.... both times it left me with a feeling of uncertainty. It seems like an unnecessary ambiguity. All they're saving is 5-10 seconds writing 2-3 letters on a zip-lock baggie. I think it would be much better customer service to write the letters and not generate that sense of "hey, wait a minute... what's going on here? Ok... I can figure this out.... but... did they really do this just to save time? Or, did they overlook something and slip me the wrong seeds?"

After two orders, and realizing it's intentional, it kind of conveys laziness, cutting corners when all they save is 5-10 seconds. But, I really do love these guys. I don't want to make too much out of it. I emailed them my thoughts about it (as constructive criticism). I think it's very logical what they do. I'm sure to them it makes perfect sense as a time-saving activity. I just don't think it's worth it.

The freebie Norther Storm Auto is interesting. It has a pleasant coffee aroma while growing. It causes that kind of reflexive mouth watering every time I lean through the side window of the tent and smell it. Like when someone has freshly ground coffee at the grocery store. You get a whif of it and it does something to your head. The more I smell NSA, the more anxious I am to smoke it.

I grew two Holland's Hope seeds. Of the 8 varieties I germinated (two of each) HH is a bit slow growing. It seems to be listed more as an outdoor seed. Maybe that's it. Or, maybe they're older, less viable seeds. The Big Bud, Bubble Gum and Northern Lights are the fastest growers for me.

3. #423 GreatLakeSmoke, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
    Thanks for the report...I've decided on what I'm going to order ( they have a nice sale going on right now )Sour grape kush - I can't resistG13 hazeThc bombIceJack hererWhite lightingShould make for a diverse line up. Now I just need to decide where to have em sent. I'll post in a couple weeks about my order once I receive it.Got any pics of what you described from above?Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

I uploaded some to the member gallery. The following two show the plants 1 week and 4 days into veg (or 2 weeks and 4 days from germination). The plant in the far left (3 gal pot) is the Northern Storm auto. The others are 2 of each Big Bud, Bubblegum, Northern Lights, Afghan, Holland Hope, Sensi Kush and Super Skunk:

View attachment 130656
    View attachment 130657

The following were taken tonight, Week 4 + 2 days into veg. The Northern Storm Auto is in the same top-left position:

View attachment 130658
    View attachment 130659
    View attachment 130660

I have used the "nugbuckets mainlining" technique on 12 of the 14 non-Autoflower plants. It's interesting because I was waiting for 4 of the slower growers to gain some size, so I cut 10 plants into two branches. Still waiting for things to catch up, I cut 5 of those again (into 4 branches). They were the first ones that were cut once. In other words, those 5 are the most viable, hardiest growing plants. But, right now, as they recover from the last "mainlining" prune they look like the most juvenile. The others (which I was waiting to put on some size) now look very nice and rapidly vegging.

If I hadn't mainlined, those thin plants in the front would be about 2 feet tall now. I think it's going to turn out ok, with the 5 thin (4-node) plants in front spreading out into bushier plants and catching up with the single and double-node plants. I think it will be a nice, fat, low canopy.

Anyway, I'm happy with everything. It's just my second grow. I'm using GH Flora and the "useless" schedule. I alternate between waterings with 2ml/gal CalMag and Silica Blast. I add 2ml/gal Liquid Karma to each watering. Ph the nute water to 6.0 in veg. (I'm using a 60% Pro-Mix, 20% Kellog Premium Patio Potting Mix, 20% Perlite). T5HO lighting.

The Northern Storm Auto is starting to bloom now. That's exciting.

The tray in the tent is a Botanicare OD tray. Wow, what a benefit that is. Instead of lifting plants and pouring saucers, all the pots drain into the tray which is sitting on 8x8 cinder blocks, with a bit of cardboard shim to slope forward. The tray has a hole which drains into a plastic shoe box. So much easier!

I'm really happy. Good seeds. No problems with the seed bank (or, at least they were responsive when there was a problem with the wire transfer). Figured out a "method" which seems to be working. I did it without a lot of stress over wrecking high-dollar seeds. M-s.nl's "Value Packs" and 2-for-1 deals gave me a lot of relatively inexpensive ammo to practice with. Turns out I got everything pretty close to correct and now I have a lof of seeds to grow! :)

PS: the small cups in the front are 10 clones from when I cut the central stem on the first mainline cut. I can't believe I got cloning to work on my second grow too.

5. nice report so far - good pictures. Rep+

6. #426 az2000, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Thanks Geoff. Here's more photos. All stated ages don't include first week of seedling. Add 1 week for total age.

The autoflower (Northern Storm freebie) is transitioning to flower at week 5 + 1 day. I'm really getting into the autoflower. I wasn't thrilled about the AF freebies. Getting my head around photosensitives (this is just my second grow) was challenging enough. The freebies seemed like an unwanted complication. But, I've become a big AF enthusiast. I'm entertaining the idea of planting one AF per month, harvesting one per month, which would mean keeping three in a 2x4 tent. I live in a hot climate. The AF's non-sensitivity to light (in "lights out" during flower period) makes this appealing. I could leave the tent open to improve temperatures, and not worry about ambient light interfering with flowering (the way it will with a photosensitive in flowering stage).

View attachment 131316
    View attachment 131314
    View attachment 131313

The photosensitives are week 5 + 4 days. Out of 14 seeds I've found 2 males. So, this is 12 plants. I've confirmed 4 females. 6 plants are unconfirmed either way. I'm about 5-10 days away from switching the lights to 12/12.

There may still be males. I've been using the so-called "useless" nutrient schedule which is proportionally higher nitrogen. I've read high nitrogen can produce more females. So... it's possible I won't have any more males.

I've mainlined 10 of these plants. 5 are four-cola (2 mainline cuts), 5 are two colas (1 mainline cut). The 2-cut plants were the fastest growing, but now they've lagged behind the 1-cut plants which have recovered and veg'ed a lot. I just need the 2-cut plants to recover a little further before I switch the lights. In the meantime I'm using LST (little bends, breaks) on the 2 cut plants to keep them relatively proportional.

View attachment 131309
    View attachment 131311
    View attachment 131312

I'm very pleased with the results thus far.

GreatLake, did you receive your order yet? It's been two weeks since you posted.

7. Nope sorry not yet haven't even ordered ...holidays and such got me busy and some car repairs set me back but hopefully I can at least order half of the order I wanted in about a week or so . It doesn't help that I did some Chopin a few weeks back.. making me slightly lazy.Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

Attached Files:

8. #428 GreatLakeSmoke, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    I think I'll be holding off a little while longer. I got some seeds from a buddy who collected them from various strains that came from dispensaries. Germed first 2 and got 1 female so I'm going to grow em as mothers n see what the clones produce. I will still follow this thread as my next order will be with nl. So keep it going with some more great grow pics.Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

9. i cn vouch for these guys, have had 3/3 successful orders from them. don't know why i decided to go bonza this time. if they don't come good i'll def be going back to these guys. First class stealth packaging to! not to mention good prices.

10. Just another update: I germinated another seed yesterday. It cracked after 18 hours in water. Put in soil yesterday PM, and it sprouted today around noon. That's 16 seeds I've germinated with 100% success.

I posted photos of the Northern Storm auto (freebie) here, about a week ago. The buds have fattened up nicely since then. I'll post new photos soon. (In case anyone wants to see how m-s.nl's seeds grow.).

Also, out of 14 photosensitives I germinated 2 months ago, I have 7 confirmed females. Switched to 12/12 about a week ago and they're showing bud locations now. I'll post photos of those eventually.

Just saying, everything seems cool with m-s.nl's seeds.

11. I'm 100% satisfied with http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl

Have used them like 5-6 times now and these guys are great.
    Fast responses if i have mailed, and be sure the 1 or 2 mails i've exchanged with M-S.nl have'nt been complaints, far from.

Shipping is fast and stealth works the first time ;-)
    Ordred friday and recieved them tuesday!

I have had close to 100% germ with seeds i have bought from them.

I Cant think of anything bad to say about these guys and actually i only registred to write this as i saw the thread when looking for growjournal on strain i bought from them..

Happy growing y'all

12. #432 az2000, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Just an update to my Northern Storm (auto) grow: I got 6.5 ounces (180g). I chopped her down Feb. 25. Let her hang 2-1/2 to 4 days (trimmed a branch or two every day, getting different moisture levels). This was 5 days before chop:

View attachment 135314

Right now the buds are in a Ball 1-gallon (decorative) canning jar. Humidity is 65% (measured with a Caliber IV hygrometer in the jar):

<div> View attachment 135316

Smoked with friends. Even though only cured for 4-5 days, they remarked how smooth and rich it tastes (after a 2-week water-only cleanse before chop). The first 2-3 days it had a hay smell. But, at 4-6 days it's got the deeper cannabis smell.

It's a stoney high, being a 100% indica plant (I believe Snow Storm is indica along with Northern Lights). I wouldn't say it's "dank." But, it's stronger than average and the stone lasts quite awhile.

It has an interesting "polar ice" taste/aroma. You smell it opening the jar, like a spicey wintergreen'ish smell. You taste it like a cold hit in the back of the throat.

I have germainted two more NSA seeds. One is 6 weeks old and developing buds. The other is 4-5 days old. So far, all three I've grown seem extremely viable (good genetics). I know that's a concern people have about Marijuana-Seeds.NL (not publishing the breeder). But, wow, I'm getting good results. Highly recommend M-S.NL for new growers. Relatively inexpensive seeds to work out your grow techniques. That's not meant to be a back-handed compliment. I feel experienced now but I'll keep using these guys because the plants seem quite good.

</div>

13. Good report - i have a few of these that were freebies and i am going to give them a go i think.

14. Anyone heard of whether there are any new promos launching? Planning my outdoor grow and need some inspiration!

15. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a 420 promo coming up soon.

16. Ordered last Thursday….arrived today! 6 days to get to the US. 10 THC Bomb….can't wait to get them in the ground!

From their FB page:

How was everyone's weekend? We'll be announcing a new sale to coincide with 4:20. It's your last chance to take advance of some great offers before they change: 

18. Just read the entire thread and I think I may order from them. There prices are really good, sounds like the shipping is really good as well as top notch customer service. I actually tried to place an order but apparently they don't accept MasterCard. Guess I will find another place to order from. Any suggestions?

19. I went ahead and made an order for some non fem lowriders #2. I want to be able to make my own seeds so finding a non fem auto was pretty exciting. I put in my order last night and had an email this morning from them confirming.

I also wrote them trying to find out about the 4/20 deal. They wouldn't divulge but said it would start the 17th.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Just get a green dot or other prepaid Visa, works for me.