wut is the right height a 1000hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by snowman420meds, Jan 11, 2013.

1. How High above my plants should my 1000 be?I had at 18in but plants looked scorched so i took it up to 21in....Is that good?Or higher..

2. Ive never used 1000w lamps, but I hang around 18-24" for my 600wers. Id say at least 2 feet away would be safe.

3. Thank you we gona try 24in just don't want them to sttretch out..

4. General rule is ..put your hand under the light for 1min...if its too hot for you..then the plants will burn....could get lower with a recirculating fan in the room.Printed rule is 18" like Lordofbud said.

5. 18" has been a little too close for me, usually start getting bleached around there its probably different depending on what kind of reflector and hood you have too

6. Cooler you can keep the light the better got a 1000w going with a 475cfm fan can hold my hand 6 in away without getting burnt

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cooler you can keep the light the better got a 1000w going with a 475cfm fan can hold my hand 6 in away without getting burnt

8. I agree. I've got a 1000 HPS going right now. With the air cooled hood, I can put my hand right under it and it's barely warm. I've had mine at close to 18" for a while now. I've not noticed any problems.

9. Can say my tops are looking great getting all that light mine got a bit taller than expected about 15 inches from my light

10. Best advice I can give for HID growers: Get a lux meter. You can buy them from Amazon pretty cheaply. Measure, don't guess.