WTH is this? (w/pic)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Funtogrow, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ak420 2-ish months old just put into flower. There appears to be another branch starting to grow where the calyx should be, just curious if I should pinch it off so it doesn't waste energy or is this going to be a bud? Haven't seen this on any of my other plants including other Ak420's, just don't want to remove it if it's going to be bud. This plant has 10 nodes, then the new growth (2 lowest branches removed for clones so only 9 on her now) and this is node 5 from the bottom so basically the middle of the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ha-ha, pics would help...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG_20170226_172621.jpg IMG_20170226_172628.jpg IMG_20170226_172630.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. That is strange, as one of my males I threw out was doing the same thing, and yes all it did was form a smaller branch for a budsite :)

4. Not saying it will be male though!! Just saying yes a starting branch haha

5. I was thinking the same thing, and now I have another damn Ak420 doing the same thing..... Really hope I didn't just spend almost two months vegging two males and one fem, and if course the one looking more like a fem is the one that got abused..... Knocked out of her pot once just after a transplant, she hit the floor, slid out of the pot and slammed head first into the wall, I nearly cried..... The very next transplant in guessing I did just a bit too soon as she fell apart in my hands, thankfully she was over her new pot so she was mostly contained but it still broke up the root ball. She's been the smallest with the shortest branches (in veg) since the first incident of abuse, I figured get slower growth was due to that but now I'm beginning to think the two others were growing faster/taller as is common for males and while she's been stalled twice I think her growth difference is more that she's (unconfirmed) fem than the abuse, not that the abuse didn't hurt her.

So I'm thinking I likely have two males and one fem. Sucks, but I was planning on breeding the next male Ak I got to one of my purp clones so maybe now I'll have the chance, lol. The Ak's have only been in for a couple days and my other flower girls are at most two weeks from harvest, that'll leave me just the three Ak's so it will make it easier to avoid seeding out a while crop. Since my purp flowers so fast I can drop one in as soon as I confirm a male and have her ready to mate within a few weeks.

Guess I'll just have to sit back and see what happens, was really hoping for 3fem since I'm harvesting everything else soon and I've got nothing else that'll be ready to go in for at least a few weeks.

6. Just a waiting game now, nothing I can do but sit back and watch.

7. IF you aren't doing lst then scratch it off.

8. You are chopping the primary fan leaves? That slows veg growth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree with scotty as annoying as they are there needed. specially in the end of flower cycle

10. I've heard the arguments both ways, and it really comes down to strain, environment, grower. Some I trim some I don't, depends on previous experiences and how they react. So far I've gotten better results with this strain trimmed up a bit, so maybe my lighting or some other environmental aspect is lacking. And with this strain saying she needs those lower leaves in the end of flower is a wash, she sheds most of her leaves whether trimmed or not so they wouldn't be there in the end anyway.....

And as a side note, I've done several plants recently that I LST'd and one under a screen so I'm kinda in the trimming habit to.

Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1