WTH is this!! Help please with mold? Fungi?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vicarious87, May 20, 2012.

1. #1 Vicarious87, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    My seedlings are just a week old in their peat pots so wtf is this? I have them in Happy frog soil, and watering with PH 6.3~6.5, water is bottle purified spring water under 104w actual CFL light, white tray no dome. Room temp is 70-76degrees daily. 24/7 light

Is this crap bad? i got freaked out and transplanted the babes into new soil/peat pots and all, even brushed all original soil away. some pots where "snow covered" but the seedlings seem to be fine. Could this be because of the extra myco/bacteria that I added into the soil mix?

Help much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

[​IMG]

2. How 'bout some pics mate? :)

3. Normal....salts or mild mold from light and water

Leave it alone

4. Had a similar experience to this when trying peat pots...

also transplanted out of em', chucked em' and never looked back. Mine molded up pretty bad before i switched. possibly contributed to my 1 for 6 germ rate, also was bagseed so...

i'm curious as well.

5. lol i jumped the gun and transplanted the 'afflicted' better safe than sorry, it was also yellowish mold on other pots, looked like that white mold that forms on strawberries.

Thanks guys, any other thoughts are welcome.

6. Im using all name seed, well mostly. None of its random mystery bagseed, but I was also wondering why some seedlings where just lagging it, even in the happy frog soil. havent put any nutes, just PH balanced water and myco dust.

7. Just make sure there's airflow and make sure you let everything dry out well enough. A good thing for you to do so you'll understand how long it actually takes the soil to completely dry is water it then lift it and feel the weight of the container then let it dry out completely and feel the weight. Under my two sixs it takes six days for a five gallon bucket if promix to dry out. Seven or eight days till the plant wilts. It's kinda weird the time they seem most happy and healthy is two days before they wilt when the soil is pretty much dry

8. Thanks guys, took everyone's advice, got a small fan blowing in the room now, before it was just the CFLs. I now have 140w CFL on 24 seedlings. Looks like 1/3 isnt going to make it. Im going to trash the seeds that havent pulled through and keep only the strongest ones.

Yes I now let the pots dry a bit before re-watering, seedlings are happier. Im guessing it was just the poor circulation and heat that caused the mold.

cheers guys!