WTF! Why no bud???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iholdspam, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Hey guys I would love it if someone could please explain to my why this is happening, my plants just seem to be growing big and taller but not any bud yet,

Here is some info

Type: White Widow
    Light: 1000 w HPS 12/12 ( switch to 12/12 at the beginnning of may the 2nd or the 9th, likely the 9th)
    Nuts: Hesi Bloom Complex, and superthrive,
    Temp: 78 (with light off) and 82-84 (with the light on)
    Humd: 60%
    Water: it changes I was doing 16oz a day, then 32oz every two days, now its 20oz daily.

(here is a link to my old post to see what they looked like)http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/229252-my-2nd-attempt-watch-them-grow.html

Here are some pics to help understand my situation

[​IMG]

see its gotten too big for my bathroom
    [​IMG]

more pics of its size, BTW Is it too close to the light?

[​IMG]

In this pic, i think i have fucked up cause it looks like its dying,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But in this pic the plant looks healthy, some parts where the bud is suppose to grow its looks healthy but just like above some parts look bad.

[​IMG]

also some plants at the bottom are turning yellow, is that normal? It may have been from this one time when I didnt get a chace to water them but that happened on may 18.

My main question is why is there no bud growing?! Do i need to wait longer?

Oh BTW If you looked at my old post, you will note that I had one male plant, i got rid of him but maybe it has pollenated my female plant?

My other question is about the water, I give them about 20 ounces of water a day and when I wake up in the morning the top of the soil and some of the dirt on the inside is a little dry. I should I be watering enough so that the soil always stays a little moist? I was told that its fine if they the soil gets little dry cause it will make the roots grow more but I dont think i need to be doing that right?

Hey if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

2. how long u been flowering / check for light leak if any light gets to it during 12dark it will stay in veg ( Under that door maybe)
    how big is that pot?

3. oh shit are you serious? i kinda leave the door open during the day.

CRAP!

4. yep there u go maryjane needs 12hours of unteruped darkness every day for 8 weeks to flower

5. well thank you for helping with my problem, so if i start now how long will it take to harvest?

6. no problem
    it takes normally 8weeks thou some stains take 10
    get ready for it to get bigger tie it down do what u gotta do to keep it outta the light
    that things gonna be huge lol
    good like with ur tree

7. oh man that's going to produce some crazy ass weed when it starts 2 harvest..... like the other guy said you need 12 hours of darkness everyday..... but its going to produce alota bud i can tell.. ur plant looks healthy

8. yep light leak for then likely get a door gasket for the door, problem solved :)

btw nice plant

9. And 1 gal of soil for each foot of plant hight too.;)

10. it's been forever since i'm grown, but isn't there a greater chance a plant will go hermie if exposed to erratic light conditions?

11. yes will that not stress the plant out?

12. ok well today i started the no light thing and hopefully in 8 weeks i will have a lot of bud.

Yea i realized i didn't put enough soil in the pot, this my first plant so i'm learning from my mistakes. :)

Thanks.

13. Please post some pick of the harvest when your done. Looks to be a good one.:hello:

14. get a bigger pot too..dont just add soil;)

15. because its so big i recommend double potting it get another pot fill with soil & put ur plants pot on top

16. Don't forget most plants double in size (atleast) during flowering.. Like said above, bigger pot and more soil is advised.

17. I think I get what you are saying but I just want to comfirm, you are saying i don't have to take it our of the pot I have it in right now?

Would it hurt the plant if i tried to move it from this pot to another pot?

Can I just put more soil on top of the old soil will that work?

How bad is it if i leave it in this pot right now?

That light advice worked I can see white bud kinda growing. I have a lot more question but its like 2am here and i need sleep, I will post again tomorrow after work with Pictures. Thanks guys for all the advice.

18. Try to always keep the original soil level the same throughout the grow,Its always best to do transplanting in the veg. stage whenever possible but unless you don't want much more growth you should move that root ball(very carefully)into a pot with added soil and 20% perlite(mixed well) with a gal of soil for each anticipated foot of plant hight when fully matured.

19. the pot she's in right now looks fine, you just need to stop that light leak and you'll have tons of bud.

She's a female so when you give her 12 hrs of dark every day she'll flower no problem.

The plant monitors the amount of dark it gets during a day, not the amount of light. So if you interrupt the dark period with any light at all the plant will observe that it's getting "short nights". Short nights == vegetative growth so she'll stop growing flowers.

To reiterate, the dark period must be kept dark, with no interruptions at all.

GL man!!

20. It looks to me like that pot is half full and only a 1 gal. pot=1/2 gal of soil and ATM that plant looks over 2 feet tall(correct me if I'm wrong)but if im even close that plant will produce bud but since it is or will be root bound soon its growth potential will be limited at best unless its given some room to expand the root system and hence alow the plant to get bigger which will grow bigger buds as well.

Some strains wont grow bigger after the first 2-3 weeks in flowering so a TX may make no difference except it will require much more frequent waterings if kept with such a small amt. of soil and has the potential to build salt if not watered with enough runoff (make sure 25% of your total volume of water comes out as runoff) and this is good to test the plants PH as well.

Good luck,either way you will get some great smoke man.;)