Wtf... Where did it go wrong?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kroosevelt, Oct 7, 2011.

1. #1 kroosevelt, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Ok gc. Someone please tell me why my end result looks like this. Other than this being my first grow, please help me understand what I did wrong o correct myself moving forward.

As you can see, my final harvest came out a little strange to me. There are no buds on this flower. It's extremely light, and dry as shit!!!
    No density to the flower!
    It smells really good when in jars, and has almost no trics visible without a magnifier
    It takes quite alot to get stoned, but the high is pretty damn good??.

(I know some may say, "if the high is good who gives a fuck" but I'm really tryin to get nice with my grow skills. So please help me out.)

I'll put some facts and info about my grow below.

- used 400 hps for flower and standard 400 watt mh for vegg.
    -let it vegg too long and it became really large, like 6 ft
    -rotated the plant after watering to absorb as much light as possible.
    -flowered for almost 3 months
    -used fox farm nutes & watered when needed (approx every 4 days)
    -practically followed Jorge Cervantes grow DVD to the tee!

What happened to make my buds so shaky? Whole bud is really brittle, and really acts funny when grinder up. Looks quite minced instead of grinder as if there's no bud in there?

I posted a few pics of the issue, and the harvest( from a far).
    Honestly, everything looked really good when I harvested, but after I hung dry, it turned into horse shit.

Help me understand please

Also. I pulled about 5 ounces off this plant.

Attached Files:

2. How did you dry it?

3. [quote name='"MrGree"']How did you dry it?[/quote]

Hung dry in a closet for about 8 days.(until the stems made a crack sound when broken)
    Dark room
    Temp about 78 degrees.

4. i almost wanna say you flowered too long. was it bagseed?

5. I'm sure its because it was still wet.

6. I've had similar looking harvests, but worry not, the smoke will still be bomb! Your flowers are fine, they're just a little bit on the small side. In my case this phenomanon was caused by overfert during flower and extreme high temps.

Also, 8 days on the vine is a bit long IMO. If you whack it in a jar for a day or 2 whilst it is still nice and moist the buds will get a little compacted and start to look more like the commercially grown stuff.

Springer's final thought: It's all good man. Happy tokin'!

7. #8 TBM, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Looks like poor genetics. At 3 months the buds should be bigger. Do the upper main buds have any density or is it all whispy?

Whispy buds are from crap genetics, too high of temps, or too little of light. At 6 feet you should have trimmed it back before flower and trained it outward to form several colas in an even canopy for best light penetration. A 400W won't penetrate the whole 6 foot tall plant. Stay around 3-4 feet after stretch.

Drying for 8 days is a bit overkill. You want it to dry until the stems are brittle but don't quite snap in two. The buds should be crunchy on the outside but squish like a sponge when you gently squeeze them. Once the weed hits 55% RH, you cannot cure and it will stay bone dry and harsh.

8. I've had the exact same results. I guarantee your grow temps are too high. I use a cool tube for my 400 watt. And themp I can't get below 85...

9. i think its just bad genetics or a lack of curing.

10. Hello
    My first grow 7weeks in on my flowering stage and one of my plants have a white webbing around them would it be mold our spider mites have look very close to see if i see any mites and i didnt what should i do please help

11. [quote name='"Biggbendog"']Hello
    My first grow 7weeks in on my flowering stage and one of my plants have a white webbing around them would it be mold our spider mites have look very close to see if i see any mites and i didnt what should i do please help[/quote]

Spider mite.

12. [quote name='"Biggbendog"']Hello
    My first grow 7weeks in on my flowering stage and one of my plants have a white webbing around them would it be mold our spider mites have look very close to see if i see any mites and i didnt what should i do please help[/quote]

The only thing that I know of that actually worked for me is a product called plant vitality plus not every grower will agree that it is the best thing to use in terms of what it contains (seems no one really knows for sure exactly what it contains) but it worked and I've smoked it and haven't died...didn't seem to affect the taste or effect of the bud either.
    Meant to help stressed plants too.

See what every one else has to offer first man but failing all else this works..

Hope this helps man.

Ps just thought if you're 7 weeks into flowering and you have an infestation then you'll have 100s of those little suckers in your bud man. Not a nice smoke I promise you.

13. #14 pitbull420, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    There could be many reasons for the outcome.. Bad genetics, to much heat, not enough light, stress, to small of a pot etc.. From what you stated above she grow 6ft tall and was under only one 400w hps.. So u had to rotate her every watering... Well my bet is thats ur problem right there.. Not nearly enough light..

14. not enough light probably is the cause of it not having much bud on it... the calyxes swell more and more with more light and with good nutrients..lots of phosphorus. if you let it flower for 3 months how were the trichs looking? at a certain point they die and become brittle and fall off/break reducing potency. drying it in almost 80F temps will dry it to a crisp in like 8 days. usually you would want it around 70F and let it hang for about 3-4 days with lots of fresh air on them. try lst'ing super cropping and/or scrog if you dont want to use ass loads of light but still want a large harvest. the goal is getting light surrounding all the bud(manicure to reduce shadowing), keep the lights close but keep the room cool and move the hot air from the light away from the plant.

15. i did flower for a while. and the seeds were purchased by a friend over 2 years ago and stored in a dresser drawer. i honestly think the seeds may have been fucked!

they took a while to germinate too. so it could both reasons

16. Thanks man, i was contemplating. taking it down sooner than 8 days. but honestly after about day 3, it already looked like this. my temps in the tent were just about 78-80 degrees for the most part throughout the entire grow cycle. and i used very little ferts, so i think that my lighting could've been the problem coupled with the bad genetics of the seed. like i said, the seeds were over 2 years old and really weren't stores properly.

17. thanks man. lots of good info. like i stated, i practically followed jorge cerventas' grow dvds to a tee, so his method was a little different from the majority it seems. he said hang dry for 5-15 days!
    the trichs were looking really good and the high is pretty decent as well. definitely not the best in the world, but definitely smokable. my next grow, i will be using the scrog method and hope for better results. i read about manicuring, but some people advised against trimming shade leaves, since it would stunt growth.
    thanks for the advise.

18. #19 Numbness2005, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
    [quote name='"Numbness2005"']

The only thing that I know of that actually worked for me is a product called plant vitality plus not every grower will agree that it is the best thing to use in terms of what it contains (seems no one really knows for sure exactly what it contains) but it worked and I've smoked it and haven't died...didn't seem to affect the taste or effect of the bud either.
    Meant to help stressed plants too.

See what every one else has to offer first man but failing all else this works..

Hope this helps man.

Ps just thought if you're 7 weeks into flowering and you have an infestation then you'll have 100s of those little suckers in your bud man. Not a nice smoke I promise you.[/quote]

Sorry OP didn't realise this was someone else! My bad how does your bud taste and smoke man?

19. Wow I've smoked stuff just just justttt like that!!

I go high.… after 4 blunts