wtf? what does this mean

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BudSkunk, Oct 9, 2012.

1. im getting these orange specks/blotches on the leaves. they seem to form in between the veins. any help would be appreciated.

ps the plants are in week 5 of flower

Attached Files:

2. Looks like potassium or magnesium deficiency.

Are you using nutrients? If so which ones? It would be safe to add calmag or any similar product to your feedings on top of what u already use if you haven't already. If that doesn't work try something high in K ratio

3. im using the technaflora nutes at 1400 ppm. they have been at this ppm for awhile and just now this is happenings

4. heres some more info, the affected leaves are at the tops where the newest growth is. I checked some leaves with a microscope and didnt see any spider mites or any other pest

5. overfert

6. #6 WaxPayne, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    [quote name='"BudSkunk"']heres some more info, the affected leaves are at the tops where the newest growth is. I checked some leaves with a microscope and didnt see any spider mites or any other pest[/quote]

Try adding calmag or CalMg+ (forget what the flora series is called) if your problem persists, flush vigorously , maybe even with clearex to get any left over salts. Once it's flushed just use water and mix the nutes in 1/4 strength , then bump it up little by little .

Forgot to ask are you soil or hydro? And what is the total flowering time the strain required?

7. it is hydro using the hempy bucket method. the flowering period is 9 weeks

8. this. classic symptoms of nute burn.

hey BudSkunk, the seed company may say its a 9 week strain, but most strains need to go at least 70 days (10 wks). i never go by the amount of time the seed company suggests, i judge it by the trichomes.

this thread should help give you a better idea of when to chop down. cut your plant down at the right time, when those crystals mature.......and oh man! its worth it. i mean, you wouldnt pick and eat a green tomato before it turns red, right? :p

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

cheers

9. [quote name='"OSUB"']this. classic symptoms of nute burn.

hey BudSkunk, the seed company may say its a 9 week strain, but most strains need to go at least 70 days (10 wks). i never go by the amount of time the seed company suggests, i judge it by the trichomes.

this thread should help give you a better idea of when to chop down. cut your plant down at the right time, when those crystals mature.......and oh man! its worth it. i mean, you wouldnt pick and eat a green tomato before it turns red, right? :p

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

cheers[/quote]

Thanks for posting that thread OSUB a lot of good info there ! :)

10. I had the same thing. Added some CaliMagic and its all good now. The damaged leaves will not repair, but the new growth will grow normal

11. There's really NO need to push your PPM's to 1400..... just wasting nutes. That looks like nute burn to me.....

12. i dont think its nute burn but it prolly is over fert. im doing hempy bucket and have been on 1400 ppms for over a month and just recently started to get problems. i think its a salt build up and its locking out potassium since this does look like a potassium def. it shows on new growth and not on the older leaves, working its way up like nute burn. as time went on i noticed the plants drinking out the res more but i was still feeding them the same amount of water so i would get less and less runoff until eventually got none so the salts build up faster and faster. what do you guys think about this theory? my runoff is def strong lets say 2200 ppm lol. i did a flush and will start feeding at 700 ppm with more water so i get runoff until it drops to about 1500 ppm. what do you guys think?