WTF tell me something

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by H4ZER, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Ok this may be the wrong section but explain to me what the fuck is the difference between addiction and just wanting something badly.

Like I find it hard for me to stop smoking weed (t break)I havent had any today I went on my t-break yesterday but im craving it I was about to smoke it when I thought HELL no im not about to become a pothead.So I put it up and did something.But I mean you guys say weed is not addictive if your doing it alot and your doing it everday tell me what that is or maybe its just me sense I have weed around ME ALL THE TIME 24/7 and I can get as much as I want for free right in my backyard maybe thats why its hard for me to stop smoking or why im craving it I mean if I THINK about smoking I start getting ancy and you guys are telling me its not addicetive.Explain.

2. In my opinion, marijuana is a habitual thing, not an addictive thing. I was always told and always went by this, "Dont revolve your life around weed, let weed revolve around your life". The first week of a t break is pretty bad, because you dont have anything to do it seems and you really want to smoke. You gotta occupy yourself doing something else, then it becomes cake and youll totally forget about it.

3. K thnks for the advice.

4. yeah pretty much waht that other dude said but being addicted is basically when your body starts to need a substance. even though you(n i do too when i stop for the first few days) get ancy, or kinda grumpy you don't necesarilly have intense withdrawels. ive never touched meth or coke or anything, but i can assure you quitting those is a whole new story. your body literally freaks out
    this is from Drug Rehab Alcohol Drug Rehabilitation Addiction Treatment Programs

Withdrawal symptoms are uncomfortable physical or mental changes that happen when the body is deprived of the alcohol or drugs that it is accustomed to getting. Withdrawal symptoms can last a few days to a few weeks and may include nausea or vomiting, sweating, shakiness, and anxiety. Keep in mind; withdrawal symptoms only occur if a person has regular, heavy use of a drug or alcohol. Drug withdrawal symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable without professional help. Treatment for withdrawal from alcohol or drugs may require a medical professional to be present. Drug and alcohol rehabilitation is often the best way to overcome withdrawal symptoms and recovery from drug addiction

Common withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

• Weight loss . A loss of appetite occurs when someone is addicted to drugs due to the body.s constant craving of the drug. An appetite for the drug exceeds a normal appetite for food.
    • Paranoia . Although this happens more frequently in certain drugs than others. Paranoia is a common occurrence in a person addicted to drugs. The drug disrupts normal mental functions creating an obsessive thought that someone is out to get them. Drugs impair normal brain functions that confuse the brain.s senses and perceptions.
    • Preoccupation . Drug addicts become preoccupied and often desperate in searching and acquiring drugs. Many will go to any lengths to obtain the drug of choice and that includes stealing, lying, fraud, and even violent crimes. A drug addict will likely steal from anyone or ask for money with no intentions on paying anyone back. Therefore, relationships, employment, health and hygiene often suffer.
    about the preocupation, yes when i am dry i find myself really wantin to blaze. I start tryin to think of ways i can get it, like scrapin my pipe or soemthing. but basically to sum this up, have you heard of anyone suckin dick for a few bowls? Your prolly sayin no. i would never steal to buy a sac either

that was pretty lengthy but i hope it helped.

n by the way, who cares if you become a pothead lol nothin wrong with that

5. You're experiencing a mental addiction, not a physical addiction.

It's quite literally "all in your head".

A person who tries to quit caffeine is still going to want coffee every morning.
    And actually caffeine seems to be more addictive, so you're even better off than that.

But really, you just gotta occupy your mind with other things. It doesn't seem like you're going through any physical withdrawals. You just gotta beat that voice in your head telling you to get high. It's a matter of will-power. ;)

6. Well this is a little offtopic but.

I find it increadibly hard to stop doing something like smoking weed, or another example lets say playing video games, if there is no legitimate reason to stop.

If i have to stop smoking weed becuase i cant afford it, then im fine its not like i feel like mega shit while i dont have it, but its a good enough reason for me to go without it.

But if i had money and or weed, and i was like im going to take a T break...dude i think we all would break our word lol, like what the fuck is the point?

7. My cravings for weed don't compare to my cravings for Pepsi.

8. Well, I mean... if you're trying to get a job or something, it would be a good idea to quit... :hide:

And even then it would still be hard, but you gotta do the whole mind-over-matter thing and just get over it. :p

9. haha yah i forgot about that yah thats what i meant though.

If you have a good reason to quit, you CAN quit its not that hard imo.

10. Are you addicted to jacking off? no but you do it anyway. (its kind of the same concept, isnt it?) it becomes habit and thats all.