WTF?! please help if you can

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnmanxxx80, Jul 23, 2011.

1. now what?! nothin but problems!
    ok so i had problems with my plants at first im doing a DWC with 2 airstones and flora series nutes from general hydro.im using a 400 watt mh light running 6 -5 inch net pots with soil medium(yes soil but it works trust me ive seen it) they were growing like crazy then they got nute locked it looked like yellowing leaves but green veins and browning tips.then BAM! all of a sudden i got light brown foam in my tote and it stinks like shit like an old sock or something so i changed the water and added nutes like usual and then a day later and BAM got the shit again! wtf is this crap i looked around and it said it can be brown alage or root rot the roots had white slime on them at first then they turned brown so now i have my tote and airlines soaking in bleach water and antibacterial soap so im cleaning the hell out of it! so today i bought some h2o2 its 3% regular store brand so how much do i use to get rid of this shit and keep it from coming back??? ​

2. alright man, do you have a ppm meter and a water temp. meter? your water temp needs to be around 68 degrees or you will get root rot and other root problems. Can get away with higher temps. on occasion. As for h2o2 I read a thread where a guy adds 15 ml(i thought was high but it really shouldnt hurt) of it to a gal of water. You also do not want to use antibacterial soap, it will kill the plant(i know your just soaking your stuff in it) just so you know.

Also, do you have your netpot covered to where there is NO light in the bucket(also want black buckets)? If not that will cause algae.

It sounds like you have root rot so Im guessing your water temps are too high. Hope this helps.

3. yeah i just cleaned everything out and noticed im getting light in thru the side even thou its painted so im gona put the tote in an identical 1 so that should stop it.im also gona put foil on the top for now(til i can get something betr) and hopefully keep all light out i also forgot to was the lid last time so i just invited watever it was back in.im gona use a little h2o2 to clean the roots and keep the water in check and hopefully ill get bak on track.thanx for the help!

4. I dont doubt you'll get it back on track, h2o2 works well. one guy i know adds the 15 ml to his solution every time he changes it out to help deal with root rot cause he has water temp problems. I dont do that cause i don't have problems, even with water temps in the 80's at times. I think its my nutes, air stones, and adding solution as the plants suck it up that help, along with the occasional frozen water bottle. mine are white except a little browning at the top of them where the hotter water is but are looking real nice. Good Luck!

5. thanx bro! I got a gallon jug freezing now and some bottle cause were running in the hundreds these days and my ac is 25 years old so it cant keep up lol or id keep my house like a ice box so i gota do something to combat these temps but i seriously think the light leaks are wats causing my problem mostly.so im gona wrap the whole damn thing in foil tomorrow and get the frozen jug in there and get a water thermometer I got a ppm meter on the way and im getn ready to order a digital ph meter later tonite their cheapos off ebay but at least they will help until i can afford a good one! wish me luck

6. Get a fan that's low to the ground and blow that res w/ it 24/7. Water temps as stated above seem to be the problem.

Also, I'm not criticizing, I'm just confused, how do you use soil in dwc? Can you post a pic?

7. you use it just like you would a soil grow but in a net pot it works great actually cause you can top feed til the roots hit the soup.eventually watering and the root ball force the soil out mostly.I will get some hydroton after this grow as I want to try a comparison.I do keep a fan on my rez non stop but its to damn hot its 89 here now and its midnight!!! so its gona be hard til it cools down so ima keep ice in it and get the light out of the rez and hopefully my first dwc will turn out to be the bomb! heres some pics update on my DWC grow week 2

8. can't view those pics w/ out an account. does the soil washing down into the water not cause ph swings? I can't imagine there being soil in my buckets man. you can also top feed through hydroton. it's god crazy surface area and holds a ton of moisture your roots will love it. Also, it doesn't wash into your res.

9. Ya, we can't view those pics without an account. I'm sorta interested in how this looks also, you should post pics in this thread.

10. soil holds water like crazy also id sya more then hydroton for sure.you can top feed with soil same as you would with hydroton actuall until the roots hit the water you have to .the great thing bout using soil is you can start your seeds in net pots and their roots will move towards the water automatically.dirt in your rez dosnt affect ph much and the nutes i use have buffers so my ph dosnt even matter really.the guy who showed me how to do this dosnt even change his water 1 time thru the whole grow! just adds different nutes thru the cycles.im gona post some pics on here for ya guys to check out

11. ok so here are pics of before and after i put foil on it to keep the light out i was getting.I will be using hydroton once i start cloning and using rockwool cubes.heres my gerls their still coming out of the root rot or watever the brown foam an smell was but their looking more chipper!

Attached Files: