wtf....man gets life in prison for growing

Discussion in 'General' started by StoneRage, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ?The Fight Over Medical Marijuana? - NYTimes.com

this is ridiculous..

most outrageous shit i've ever heard of.

2. Well hopefully he takes his battle to the Supreme Court and wins. Then his name will be forever etched in society AND case law that he overturned the federal laws.

3. I fucking hate this country.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum

4. He was given a plea deal but he declined, he definitely has way too much faith in our shitty judicial system.

5. I was going to post this yesterday but forgot, glad someone did. Really sad story.

6. Hopefully once the legalization movement gains some steam he will be acquitted. This country needs to get its priorities straight.

7. That's where you are wrong.

Why the FUCK would you take a plea deal with someone saying you're gonna get life for growing, Take your chances with 12 jurors, where 59% of americans approve legalization, all you need is 1 juror to nullify the trial.

See thread http://forum.grasscity.com/tokers-q/1125886-request-jury.html

8. #8 ProvidencePlant, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    You don't need to explain nullification to me, I'm not a fucking moron. All I'm saying is, this guy is definitely going to end up with more than 10 years just wait... It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Montana medical marijuana provider found guilty of drug trafficking

9. #9 SlayerVA, Nov 13, 2012
    whoops.. double post.. delete this one

10. That's fucking pathetic, it really is. How could a state that approved medical marijuana convict in a jury trial, I don't understand it. I'd take my chances in a non medical state, but that's just me personally. I hope NORML and MPP has initiatives to get these guys out of prison, I know a man in California was acquitted after his conviction for growing also.

It's amazing how a judge or 1 kind of juror can completely change a case, or a conviction, this is why our judicial system doesn't work I guess :\

11. He really fucked himself over by having all those illegal firearms there.. That made it easy for the prosecution to make it sound criminal, they argued that they needed the guns because they were around illegal drugs. With no guns it would have been more ridiculous that he has these charges.

Why the fuck can a judge "barre" someone from giving the argument that state laws come before the federal drug laws? It said in the article that the judge barred him from using that defense in his case.

It seems insane that someone can do that.

12. #12 WookiesDoItBest, Nov 13, 2012
    That makes my blood boil....

And the fucking federal pig who commented on the article, talking about sovereignty laws....that's what a cop without a soul looks like. Assholes like that who make up our law enforcement community, have no conscience or sense of right and wrong, they just fuck people because the law says to. The most dangerous lemming of all...a lemming with a badge and a gun. Local police should have stepped in and kicked the feds out, warrant or not.

13. Why would he have illegal firearms if he's growing for medicinal use?

14. Under federal law, you're not allowed to possess firearms if you use or grow marijuana. So any otherwise legal weapons he had, they just tacked on charges for.

I'm sure in his mind it was no different than being the guy at the local corner store who keeps a shotgun behind the counter just in case.

15. Correct me if i'm wrong, but they were legal firearms.

It was just in the process of a felony (from the federal government)

And he has it because... he's growing.. and people steal shit.

16. [quote name='"SlayerVA"']

Correct me if i'm wrong, but they were legal firearms.

It was just in the process of a felony (from the federal government)

And he has it because... he's growing.. and people steal shit.[/quote]

In court they tried to make it sound like they were his guns. But, according to him those firearms were personal firearms of the people who worked there.

17. Nonsense like this makes me really believe the government doesn't like competition...

on a brighter note after reading the article about Montana I scrolled down to read a story about a cop who wrecked his cruiser while drunk and fled the scene leaving his dazed girlfriend....dumb ass should've given himself a breathalizer

18. Read through the comments section of the article. There's a fed who commented under the name of Tournachonadar. His comment basically epitomizes the mindset of the assholes who conduct these raids. They're just thugs with shiny metal on their chest.

19. I hate this question "why does this guy need firearms". Nobody in a free country should ever have to justify owning a gun. Being armed is a basic civil right.

20. [quote name='"RisenFromAshes"']I fucking hate this country.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum[/quote]

Just because of things of this nature you shouldn't "hate this fucking country"

If your an American citizen you should feel lucky. Legalizations around the corner, most laws here are mild compared to all the other countries I've been to. you think your oppressed here? Try being a chick from the middle east. Thats just one example. I watched people get shot for water in Syria. Another one.... I hate the MJ laws here. Not the country. Just saying.