Wtf Kind Of Bug Is This?

Discussion in 'General' started by ADStoker420, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Kept searching and found nothing similar to this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408392215.156505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. House centipede, harmless.  You either have a leaky faucet somewhere, or a humid basement.

Despite their alarming appearance, they will clean your house of any crickets or roaches.  Very very efficient predators with ravenous appetites.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I used to find those in my basement. Scared the piss out of me the way they walk around so fast. They don't actually do anything negative though I usually just scoop em in a paper and move them outside, but it's been a while since I've seen one.

4. Oh wow thanks I freaked for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Lol i actually sell these as pets from time to time, they're really amazing centipedes, some get quite large!

6. #6 SuperDourPack, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    Scoop in a paper? Lol I would jump out my skin if a centipede ran on my hand or a thousand legged. I salute u though. My only option is a shoe

7. I think they're called silverfish. I don't know, but I've heard that word used to describe them. The first time I saw one it scared the shit out of me. And they are fast as fuck.

8. Nah thats not a silverfish.. silverfish are a lot smaller and if you flip them on their back they kinda 'click' their bodies and ping off in a random direction

9. Those things are all over my house. House centipedes. Scary looking but harmless.

10. I would scream like a bitch if I saw one of those. I have a rule of killing anything with more than 4 legs

11. I've never seen one of those, thats cool! I've seen some weird little critters before.
    I've never seen one of those, thats cool! I've seen some weird little critters before.

12. Lol, that's not a silver fish either. You're talking about click beetles. Flip em on their back and they click their head to get away and try to get back upright.

A silver fish has a soft body, is silver in color, and when it runs along it looks like a fish swimming through water.. hence the name.

Mobile mumbling..

13. Thanks for the correction, was a bit unsure while writing it.. but yea i remember now haha

14. #15 Enigma, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Just a fun fact, their favorite places are toilets and showers at night, and are known to crawl into your bed to eat bugs that happen to hang around it. They're also nocturnal predators. Sleep tight.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1