WTF is wrong with my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buzzy12397, May 12, 2017.

1. I thought/think I have root rot but my plants have stopped growing i think and they look super light in the middle of my white widows.

I changed res water and cleaned tote before putting in new water. I used hydroguard two days ago in res water and gh flora nutes at half strength. Temps get up to 81 degrees farenheit but not much i can do about that Idk what

2. Temps can't get much over 68 degrees or the parasites thrive that cause root rot if your roots are any color besides bright bleach white then you have a root problem I've actually mixed up a spay bottle of 90/10 water/hydrogen peroxide food grade 29% range and used it to spray roots once daily to cure or help the plant recover quicker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frozen water bottles

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. When you say food grade hydrogen peroxide, do you mean the peroxide i buy from any grocery store or else where?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

5. H202 seach Amazon that's what I mean but you can use stuff from the grocery store no need to water it down because it's like 5% vs 29% that I use I try to do a hydrogen peroxide flush when im in soil once a month in hydro I only use it when my temps are over 68-70 in the water because oxygen will prevent the parasites from thriving as well it's actually really simple try to use preoxicied if it doesn't work it's I'm to come to terms that your environment needs a changing lol when I run hydro dwci use a ac unit for passive intake and I run my dwc air lines in the duct to a box that covers the ac unit cooling the air pumps and cold air makes cold water as well as the temps in your room it really is much easier to keep water in a good range and use a simple nute program and practice before getting into complicated stuff getting room temp and water temp down are just as important as pH and ppms

6. Basically worry about water temp being 65-70 is a good range 68 is ideal and room temps of 72-78 are also idea along with reading some posts about ppms and pH for hydro seems to be 5.8 and remember with nutes and growing hydro less is more if they look hungery add a little more tell you hit the sweet spot lol

7. Frozen water bottles do work for short term solution but it's not the best way to fix it you can actually cold shock your roots with a floating frozen water bottle it works for short term but it's not ideal

8. How's the roots smelling/looking. Can you take photos? Also I wouldn't add h2o2 it will kill your hydroguard.

9. Yes he's right h202 will kill benifical bacteria but I've done this several times with a high success rate you just change your rez you should change your rez 7-10 days anyways but my deal is obiously you know something but don't know enough because root rot is cancer for cannabis plants and oxygen(h202) kills the parasites and will help revive if caught soon enough just and more beneficials after you've ran a good course when roots are white go back to your benifical bacteria but until you should only use enough nutes so she doesn't starve and enough h202 to mix in a spray bottle pull roots out spray daily if it's getting better keep doing it if not start over with rez temps below 70

10. It will bubble fizz and eat dead tissue then turn back into water after 24 hours. Not saying not to do it, I been lucky enough not to have root rot. But just didn't want him to waste his hydroguard.

But I also don't know what condition his roots are in. IE, I can scrape my knee put some h2o2 to help. But using it after cutting my leg off isnt going to help :p.

11. Correct lol it would have to be very new problem once the disease sets in its done for lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. They smell fine not stinky/funky res just smells like water and nutes like it did when it was fresh.

I'm pretty confused at this point some say no to h2o2 while others say to use it.
    In the case i don't use it what can i do to fight the rot?

My plants are in dark period atm. Would it hurt my plants to take a quick picture?

13. I'd say the pics can wait til the light cycle.

Hydrogaurd and ice bottles bro, get a couple Dasani water bottles freeze them and put two in the res at at time switch them out twice a day and your good money.

IMG_20170513_173142.jpg IMG_20170513_173139.jpg

Mine is just fine under that routine. One week (I think) into flower. Been using frozen water bottles from day 1. Or you could just buy a chiller I found a 12gal circ for $110 on eBay if u want the link. That's the cheapest I could find.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yoo im gonna give that a go. I checked them today and i saw some new growth but one of plants looks yellow/lime green in the center while under my led.

Does that have to do with the root problems?

Btw, thanks for the advice I'm a total newbie :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. You'd have to upload a pic no way to tell without seeing.

And no problem, just when u do the bottles position them on the wall of the res with the roots smoothly centered between the two and she'll be fine.

GLG!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. From a day or two ago[​IMG]

17. New growth on all my plants seem to always be light green just like that, I would say that's absolutely normal.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yay thanks

19. Add more oxygen lower the temps of the rez change water every 7-10 days

• Like Like x 1
  20. So i sprayed with hydrogen peroxide/water and did a rez change. The brown just washed away so now I'm just gonna see what happens