wtf is wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jheankhrist, Jan 24, 2010.

1. planted on january 18th after 24hr germi.
    had it on 24/7 but switched to 18/6
    on the 21st i noticed it was streching so i put on 2 27w cfl's
    checked it like 10 mins ago and it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    the stem is weak as hell as well as the whole plant
    any suggestions? it doesn't look like it's going to make it

2. I would venture out and say that the lights need to be closer. Stretching can be a sign that the lights are too far away and the plant is stretching for the light. I use MH/HPS and keep mine 10-14" away, I believe I have been reading that CFL's need to be something like 4-6" away. Someone with CFL experience will chime in im sure.

3. This is stretching. Was the plant vertical previous to this picture? Looks as though it stretched so much that it now is unable to support its own weight.

Get your CFLs within inches of your plant, but dont let it touch the plant (will scorch/burn it). 1-2 inches with CFLs is just fine, and looks like just what your plant needs.

Hope I helped.

4. i have had them about 2 inches away for about 2 days lol

5. well i have decided to get rid of this one since i have fucked up by switching light cycles more than once and i let it stretch, i got a few more seeds germing so i'm going to start fresh again with my new knowledge

6. quick question..can i use the foil thing for car winshields as a reflective option?

7. thats a great idea - just make sure its the style that has like a hammered finish, rather than smooth to avoid hot spots

8. What spectrum are your bulbs? If you are using something like 2700K bulbs then I believe that the plant will stretch looking for more of the "Blue" light that it needs. I would try getting bulbs rated at 6500K as that is what is best in CFL's for seedling/Veg. stages. Hope that helps a little:smoking:

9. im using 2 daylight 27w cfl with 1750 lumens