Wtf Heeelp

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Newhydrogrower, May 21, 2013.

1. Hello all. My set up
    400watt mh
    39-39-79 inch tent
    424 cfm high velocity fan
    160 cfm inline duct fan
    3 1/2 gal bucket
    Hydroton medium
    3 watt air pump
    2 airstones

Question what are these rust spots.
    Just added 1/4 strength nutes today. Advance three part
    My light was 9 inches away moved to 13 today.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. all that preparation for nothing. NO NUTRIENTS for first 2-3 weeks. ph 5.8 water only. u are burning them. flush and refill with 5.8 water and leave it alone

3. And keep your light higher 16-20" until the plant has a few nodes.

4. It's been about two weeks no nutes until today. I thought I had to start giving a nutes because of the color change. This color change and rust spots were there before I added nutes. I'll drain buckets later today and refill with plain ph'd water.
    Question about my ph. I set it at 5.8 and later on when I check it it shoots up to 6.3-6.5. Is this normal? Pose any problems?

5. #5 MedicalZombie, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    What kind of water? RO water?

If so Leave lid off the water 24-48 hrs prior to using. Just set it to the side for a day or so. It will help to naturally balance the ph.

Did you wash clay before using?

Dd you use Rockwool? If so, did you soak in 5.8 water for 24hrs prior to use?

6. Another question off topic about my set up. I had a open air reflector and had temps in the mid to high 80's. I bout an easy cool 6 and now my temps are low 80's. should I see a bigger difference in temp since switching to the air cooled hood? In the first pick you can see how I have it set up. Ducting-light-ducting-inline fan-ducting out tent. (From left to right)

7. Bottled water distilled, and spring water

8. sorry. first 2-3 weeks of veg growth. not normal for ph to rise like that, but if u had the nutes in; the plant would be only drinking water making ur res more concentrated which will up the ph. definitely causes a problem. keep it under 6.0 at least 5.5-5.8 optimal imo.

9. Not sure if you noticed edited post. Here it is again.

Leave lid off the water 24-48 hrs prior to using. Just set it to the side for a day or so. It will help to naturally balance the ph.

Did you wash clay before using?

Dd you use Rockwool? If so, did you soak in 5.8 water for 24hrs prior to use?

10. #10 MedicalZombie, May 21, 2013
    I think your temps are ok.

11. #11 Newhydrogrower, May 21, 2013
    Any idea why it's rising without nutes?

12. Ok didn't let the water sit out. Thought because it was bottled it would be fine. Will set some out tonight and change buckets in the morning.

13. did you clean ur hydroton well? if you have a hard time getting it back down when you flush, odds are that could be the issue.

14. Also, I'm using natural bark starter plugs. I did was the hydroton through a strainer.

15. I don't know. what is ur res temp? water level? if ur ambient temp is higher than optimal (not bad) will make res temp rise causing decreased oxygen uptake.

16. Res temps 75-77
    Water level 1 inch below net pot in a 3.5 gallon short stout bucket about 1.25 gallons of water

17. not sure if that is ur main issue but it surely isn't helping. shoot for 68F or as close as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Any ideas on how to drop that res temp?

19. insulate it by covering it with something. put a fan blowing on it. if all else fails, frozen water bottles.

20. Ok. I'll try that tonight. Quick recap move my lights up to 20 inches, allow bottled water to sit for 24 hours dump nutes add only ph water insulate bucket drop frozen water bottle inside and things will turn around for my baby?