WTF happened to my plants???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Special Ed, Oct 18, 2006.

1. well my plants are going along pretty good, i germinated a couple weeks ago. well this morning i checked on em and they were fine. left for about 3 hours and come back home and 3 of them were fell over. looks like someone dropped somethin on, but i know that was impossible as nobody was here. i wish i had a camera to show some pics, but right now they are pinched and fallen over right above the soil. its wierd ive never seen anything like it. what could it be from. its a closet grow box with a small fan blowing on them, its sorta powerfull, but ive had the fan on it from planting the germinated seeds . should i have waited a few weeks before i put the fan on them. one more question, can i stick a tooth pic and use some floss or somethin to hold them up, or will that not work...help me please...i only have about 6 plants and 3 of them are dying.

2. yes you can try to use a tooth pick or such to stake them up

since they are thinner @ the soil level where they fell over, sounds like stem rot from the soil always wet.

they generally dont recover from this and if so they are stunted for quite some time

3. definitely need pics but other than stem rot, is the soil preferted? It will burn the stem and it will wilt up in just one small section of the stem on sprouts...seen it happen on mine way back when I was young,ignorant,impatient,etc :)

4. yeah without pics,id go with the tooth pic method..or use a straw cut down the side of it and put it around the stem of your plant..but if u do the toothpic one..u dont want to strangle the plant so tight the floss around the toothpic and then tie it around the stem dont tie it to hard just so it rest on the floss

5. just one question, how tall were they and how many sets of leaves.