WTF? fuck i hate my family!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Talon, May 27, 2006.

1. From what you have told us it seems you handled the situation completely wrong. First of all, this is your family. Theyre doing nothing but trying to help you, although they might be misinformed, their actions are completely resonable. Your actions on the other hand are questionable. It seems like you acted very hostile with your family, and thats exactly what you DONT want to do. If theyre preaching to you let them finish and then simply reply with "I know you guys are concerned, but ive taken the responsibility to inform myself and heres what i have found..." This is where you show them facts from trusted sources.

Heres a great Erowid page that has very useful information
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_flyer1.shtml

Dont treat them as enemys, because theyre not. All theyre doing is trying to save you from something they think is bad. Change their views, and prove that marijuana has no negative effect in your life by setting goals and achieving them.

2. yeah i probably did over react, but that isnt the first time they tried to preach to me about shit they didnt know. they treat me like i cant think for myself and i smoke weed because my friends do, those were their own words. after TRYING to be mature about it plenty of times, im done trying to listen to them when they take my words for bullshit, whereas i present acts, and they present misinformed propaganda bullshit. i guess ill just lay low with it for a while. me and my bro had another talk about the shit, and he said he wouldnt have a problem if i was trustworthy, i dont know what that means, because i have never done anything bad when drunk/high.

3. Holy shit, I have the exact same type of family. My dad lets me smoke, but my mother and my arragont asshole brother hate it. Despite the fact that I study and research narcotics and plan on being a narcotics agent, my brother thinks that everything I say is fabricated and untrue. "weed is the worst thing you can put in your body". Damn! He thinks he knows EVERYTHING, when the sad truth is he really doesnt know shit. I will try to talk to him about the beneficial use of marijuana, how it is the most useful herb known to man, and how drugs like alcohol and caffeine are worse for you... "you have NO idea what youre talking about. weed will ruin you, if you smoke a lot for a while you will lose your motor skills, it kills your brain cells. stop pretending like you actually know anything about it" he's so fucking niave I can't stand it! "drinking once in a while is okay, but marijauna? thats a drug! and its illegal." I cant stand that. My father tells him it is no different than sitting down to have a few glasses of wine and that getting wasted is much worse for you then getting high... my brother will have none of it. "anyone who uses weed cannot become succesful!" my mother is absically the same way.

I just hate how they know nothing about cannabis but pretend they do. my brother also thinks its all just a huge fad and that "nobody actually likes doing it that much, they just do it to fit in. its more about following a crowd than having fun" I CANT BELIEVE THE SHIT HE SAYS. he thinks i smoke to be cool or something... most of the time, i smoke by myself! Its just so frustrating to hear people say stupidass shit. hes one of those guys that smoked a few times and thought it was too weird and couldnt handle the experience so decided it was wrong. cant stand that shit.

4. Atleast she burned it and didn't throw it away, that way, it can safely return back to nature.:D

5. i wish my damn money would return safely to me.:D well, my two bros were talking about it with me today, and my cool bro conviced the other one to chill out about it and see how its affecting me. you know whats REAL bullshit? i listened in to my 2 bros exchanging stories, and well, the one that doesent want me to smoke, claims that he smoked fucking purple haze last summer in florida with one of his friends and almost got lost when swimming in the water because it was dark and he couldnt find land. now tell me if thats not some hypocritic shit.

6. swimming is a fuckin dumbass thing to do when your stoned, i just like to chill out and play 360.

quote "my brother also thinks its all just a huge fad and that "nobody actually likes doing it that much, they just do it to fit in." unquote

sounds like he's talkin about cigarettes, marijuana is never to be forgotten; everlasting, god-given, natures growth, it's no fad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ohhhhhhhhhh U FUcking rule man

8. dude honestly you should try to show more respect for your family, but thats just me

9. dude, id explain to you why im like this, but theres no point. ill give you two words though: CHILD ABUSE. figure it out.

10. i dont think he has to figure it out, you pretty much summed it up right there

11. lol, i meant when i was younger my mom would beat the shit out of me for no reason at all. she could like spill something on accident, and all that i had to do wrong was to be there, she'd fuckin take it out on me. i would have pressed charges and shit, but i didnt want to give up my friends and the life outside of my house. its hard to respect someone who treated you like shit for a reason they wont tell you and even if they did it wouldnt be a good one.

12. i would imagine.....that sucks hardcore man

13. thats an amazing memory you have, if you could remember those lengthy conversations word for word.

14. Dude I understand completely. My mom is the exact same fucking way. She just yells and bitches about how it's gonna put me down the wrong path and won't listen to reason at all. I had an arrogant brother of my own that was straight edge and then he tried weed and now he smokes it all the time. He went to college and began to understand. It's fucking bullshit though that parents can be gay like that. If I had any intention of doing other drugs and shit like my mom is worried about then I could have cuz i've had more oppurtunities than I could count but I haven't. Stupid bitch.

15. how do you get through to a brick wall? you don't, it's like talking to a..

how do you win an argument with a brick wall? Sledmal. http://members.lycos.nl/llsoft/hammer of Thor(in).JPG
    (ok, i know thats not a picture of a sledgemallet, but i couldnt be bothered looking anylonger)

hit it for long enough and hard enough, eventually bits start falling off, keep at it and soon the light will shine through. .... or get a bulldozer if you have one.

16. so what youre saying is i should run my family over with a bulldozer?

j/k

17. After I read your first post and the next 1 or 2 I felt like you were the perfect stereotype of a person who smokes weed and is addicted. By that I mean that's how your family interpretted it not me. Your family has been lazy and didn't bother researching it and the only research they did do was into BS from the DEA (or so it sounds) so your actions just fed their propaganda filled paranoia. Then your later posts were much calmer and I gained a significant amount of respect for you. The best advice I can give is research, using google scholar not anything associated with marijuana or other drugs (it is our side's propoganda and regardless of its truthiness it will be viewed as such by your family and the like). Present the facts, their sources, their sources' sources, and their sources' mothers in a calm and, as stated earlier, professional manner. Don't say it's not addictive because it is (check the thread about lack of appetite in the medicinal marijuana forum) and explain that it's not a gateway drug it is merely a stop on the path of pleasure (it's fun so you want to do other fun things). I'm not saying do herion but I hope you understand where I'm going with this.

18. That sucks bro... but I think your "cool bro" is right in saying that you shouldnt let pot take over your life... let it just be another part of it.

19. Why the hell do you dumbasses bump 2-3 month old threads. Seriously now.