wtf found a seed after drying

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Jaded1983, Mar 21, 2009.

1. i dont have any male plants near by.. how did a seed get made on my female buds?

2. It's ok to find one seed, maybe it's part hermie and made a unfertilized seed. Anyways, I hear some people saying the best buds ever always gets impregnated by 1 tiny piece of male pollen so it makes 1 seed.

3. sounds good to me!

4. I sometimes find a small number of seeds in my all girl crop, Ive heard most of them will be hermies but Ive not grown one myself. It is a last ditch attempt to carry the strain on by the female plant, no male pollen from another plant needed.

5. Pollen can travel a long way. Pollen from the MJ fields of Morocco blows hundreds of miles across the mediterranean and arrives in Spain. But it isn´t actually viable whenit arrives here, but will be over smaller distances.

6. I have heard also... if you let your girls go to long... they will start producing seeds. This isn't a hermie, though from what I've heard. It is a females defense mechanism to allow it's species to live on. She knows she wasn't nutted on. These seeds are actually feminized... I'd plant that frucker.

Just what I've heard...:rolleyes:

7. :laughing: +rep

Thats what I've been thinking, so atleast other people agree with me.

8. I read the same thing on Overgrow several years ago, and the person explaining this to me was a very reputable member of the OG community. I believe it is true, but haven't let any of my plants go long enough to get a seed. I've seen the single bananas pop-up, but never left them long enough to produce a seed. My vote is for feminized. The hermie seeds are ones produced by full-sized male pods that expand and show multiple bananas. This usually occurs much earlier during the flowering period, but I don't consider this a self-defense mechanism. More like a poor-quality-strain mechanism... :D
    Peace
    DM

9. Stress somehow???

10. Feminized seeds are produced by pollinating a different plant with herm pollen of the same strain. Self or clone pollination typically produces a large number of herm seeds.

11. WOW... knowing your rep, I assume there is major truth to what you are saying. Why does it only create fem seeds? It makes "cents" that a hermie pollinating a female would produce hermies (does the combo of it being the same strain make the difference?) ... I donno, I am new to this so I am looking for any substantiating info I can get... I don't want to learn bullshit, if I don't have to; in other words.

12. I avoid feminized seeds because even the ones made 'properly' can herm once in awhile. Herming is a natural survival mechanism for the plant in most cases. The reason you get mostly females is because the genetic material in the pollen isn't really male but female.

I get good enough luck by preppeing and planting properly. I usually get 7 out of 10 females from a new set of seed, some times 6.