Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

WTF exactly was a lid

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by thereeferist420, Apr 17, 2023.

1. I always hear people that are even older than my 48 year old ass talking about how little a lid cost back in the day but what was a lid exactly? I know you didn't have access to digital scales but couldn't you have just bought one of those shitty handheld postal scales that kind of worked?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I'm 70 and used the little postal scales for years. Lids were usually an ounce and I paid $15. The first pot I ever bought was a $5 matchbox that held about three grams. 1968.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. oz

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm still using the triple beam that I liberated from science class when I was a kid, and It's held up better than I have.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ditto, mines covered in dust. Why weigh anything for myself?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #6 thereeferist420, Apr 18, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Triple beams are the holy grails of precise scales. They had digis by the time I was in high school but they were very expensive and highly gaurded by the science teachers. Now you can buy a digi for $10 with shipping included from Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I mainly use mine to weigh out my bud when I'm making oil. Quality control. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I actualy like to weigh out what I am smoking from what I grow, just for personal reference.

• Like Like x 2
  9. It goes back to the "Prince Albert" Tobacco can. upload_2023-4-17_17-18-9.png

Back in the late '60s and '70s, dealers would take an empty "Prince Albert" can and fill it with cannabis up to the lid. This measured out about 1 ounce of Mexican dirt weed that could then be transferred to a fold-top baggie for sale.
    "Been there, done that!" :laughing:

Granny :wave:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. A Lid was a full 4 or 5 fingers in a baggie. An Ounce by weight and the first one I bought was $10.00 and damn good herb if a bit seedy. Circa 1969
    A Kilo was 2.2 pounds sold for $40 or $50 I was still paying only about $60 for them in 72-73 and a Lid was 15.
    Keep in mind I was 17 and parking cars at a nightclub for $2.00 an hour and gas was .23 .25 cents a gallon if you shopped a bit. Pack of Cigs was .25 cents. Lucky Beer was $1.99 a 12 pack.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Sorry, I'm pretty high right now.

12. Do you have a Prince Albert in your pants? This ? is better suited for today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. upload_2023-4-17_17-45-59.jpeg
    And you carried one of these folding postal gram scales and a nickel to test it with = 5 grams. Used one in Europe when buying hash. I still have it somewhere..

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Oh God, a kg for 40....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. How much was a 2 dollar whore back in 1969? A nickel?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. You could get a Hooker on the street reserved for it in Manheim in 1973 for about 40 West German Marks ($12.00) if I remember. Block long closed to car traffic 2 story apt fronts with girls in every window and doorway.. "Come on GI I show you good time"....

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. #17 thereeferist420, Apr 18, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Yep. And I had several on me at all times back in the 80s and most of the 90s because they tended to be highly unreliable, until I finally broke down and bought a digi in 1998.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have one around here someplace, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. in the 80's we used post 1981 one cent.
    2.5 grams is closer to what your going to weigh (dime bags).

in 2023,how much does it cost for a street dime bag?

• Like Like x 2
  20. #20 old shol4evr, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    i still,have mine
    a lid was four fingers across the bag and not really weight until the parquate scare and then it not only became hard to find , but folks really started weighting the lid, they just made up weight with seeds and dirt, bringing the dirt weed into picture.
    you sure nailed all them prices down bro and seems many many moons ago hahahah

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1