WTF?! Ecstasy causes GAD?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Stephen_9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. #1 Stephen_9, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    I'm sorry for sounding pissed off (I get a little pissed off at random things after using E for some reason), but how the fuck does somebody get anxious after using E? It pretty much KILLS your anxiety, and this is coming from somebody who's been Neurotic (which is a pretty severe form of anxiety) for 5 years and counting...

I found that today, I was so much more motivated to actually do shit, and I found that my anxiety went completely through the basement (I did ecstasy last night). Like wtf? I'm so confused right now. How can people possibly become anxious like that after prolonged ecstasy usage? My anxiety gets lower and lower everytime I use E, and it's never stopped. Opinions?

2. Amphetamine psychosis

3. Fuck that. I dont care, ecstasy is the shit.

4. Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you, MDMA is fucking A1.

But abuse/overuse of MDMA can fuck you up hardcore.

5. It effects some people differently. Just like any other drug. Caffeine for example, some people it makes them more attentive others it actually comes them down.

6. yeah, because ecstasy isn't exactly getting you high, ecstasy releases chemicals built up in your body all at once and that gets you high so if those chemicals are released regularly in large amounts then you are wearing it out

imagine this: ecstasy inhibits (floodgates, if you will)the receptors that hold your serotonin releasing all of it at once. with prolonged use the floodgates become old, rusty, and damaged because of being inhibited so many times that it fucks you in the head. hope this comment is coherent lol

7. Wow, that's why caffeine never worked for me! And yeah, I kinda understand now. It must be that the use of ANY drug (even weed, when you smoke like a pound a day lol) will fuck you up hardcore after prolonged usage.

8. except weed lol :D

9. except weed lol :D

10. He said even weed.

But to answer the OP's Q. It's because you flush your system of serotonin so it can make your anxiety/depression worse for a few days afterwards, especially if you're not being treated with an SSRI/MAOI, in which case you can't really roll anyways (just nothing happens, done it before).

Over time it can also cause changes in your brain chemistry, and rolling a lot will force Dopamine into your Serotinon receptors, which is wearing on the body. This could cause, over long-term use, especially heavy use, for those types of impairments to appear (those that are related to serotonin levels, like anxiety and depression).

11. Which is why I said except weed haha

12. Well ecstacy isn't really that bad, but prolonged use can lead to the receptors closing for a long period of time. It can also cause problems with the production and reuptake of serotonin.

So yeah, it's not too good. But weed won't fuck you up bud

13. It's like weed, low amounts appear to help, but when you start abusing it problems can come up. True for anything. Less is more.

14. What are the problems with smoking weed a lot? I'm a daily toker, have been for almost 2 years now.

If I did MDMA that much I would have severe problems. It is nothing alike.

15. Dead on. Also sometimes referred to as stimulant psychosis because similar symptoms can occur in other stimulant type drugs (cocaine, and even caffeine for example).

This usually only occurs in chronic use and in large doses. The symptoms usually mimic those of people with schizophrenia. I personally have never experienced this with any stimulant/amp because I'm not a chronic user nor someone who indulges in large doses.

16. This person speaks the truth!!! I did not get any psychosis from amphetamines because I hate all stimulants except MDMA. But what I did get was drug-induced psychosis from robo-trippin WAY to much. Like 300mg for a couple days then 600mg for a week straight, then back to the 300mg to chill:D. Haha high school days, i can still remember it:devious:.

Does any else notice when you were younger you could take in a mass mount of drugs and still be in control? Now-a-days, I can't even take a couple rolls without saying "I don't want to be rolling this HARD!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Haha stay high peoples.

17. In some people weed can bring out underlying antisocial behaviors, etc. I don't really feel like explaining my post to you, but bottomline is that any substance can do harm when abused. If you don't agree with that then you are either naive, ignorant, lying to yourself or stupid.

Yes, abusing ecstasy will bring much more severe problems than abusing weed, but it doesn't mean that everyone can smoke weed all day every day. It's not for everyone, just like ecstasy.