wtf..? can i sue for this ?

Discussion in 'General' started by boredjim8, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Okay so my boss fired me for 'stealing' 20 bucks.. and my friend too..

well afew days or weeks later another mangaer foundddddddddd the 20 $ right..?

he still wouldnt hire us he said no to her ..

like i could say i could have been working from that day eh found it to the day of sueing n say he owes me 200$ per 2 weeks cause tahts what i was bacially making at the time..?

like its fucked up he said no do not re hire them

2. you could in small claims court.

if its not imparative that you get that money, like without it you cant make rent, or a car payment or something, its not worth the time spent trying to prove your case for such a small ammount. IMO.

EDIT: wait i just re-read that, 200 for every 2 weeks? how many weeks were you not working? just 2 so you would only have made 200?

3. like fuckin a while .. six months now?

4. wait you've been working 6 months @ $200/2 weeks and you havent gotten a paycheck yet?

5. It doesn't sound to me like you have a wrongful termination suit, but state laws vary.

Even if you did have a rightful claim to wrongful termination, there's no way in hell a judge is going to award you 6 months of lost wages. You could've gotten a job somewhere else.

By the way, why the fuck would you want to work there again anyway? You should have told them to piss off when they fired you, and never looked back.

6. Call a lawyer and ask him...he won't charge you for a phone consultation....just be prepared and to the point when you talk to him...

7. no he wouldnt call us to rehire.. ofcourese tahts would i woulda said but .. i coudl say i woulda taook jobback n lie u kno? ><

n no i was fired for six months

8. People have sued for ALOT stupider things and won. I'd imagine you could get some of it, maybe not all. How long can you get unemployment money for? Because that's how long the state thinks it should take you at most to find a new job making a semi-similar salary, so I would think however long that was, you should be able to get paid for. So if you can get unemployment for 6 months, I think you could win the wages you would have earned there for 6 months. Am I making any sense?

9. Theres nothing you can do, you cannot prove that that 20$ was the replacement to the suspected money you stole. Also they don't even need a reason to fire you, they could have just said "theres the door"