WTF at peoples attitude to hip hop on this forum

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr Stoned, Jun 2, 2009.

1. you fail. maybe some people like listening to rap/hip hop that makes sense. what are "actual" people, over-marketed puppets with no lyrical ability?

canibus isnt even one of my favorite rappers but hes better than that fagboy you have in your avatar.

there will never be an intelligent discussion of rap because most of the people that listen to it are fucking idiots.

2. Brotha Lynch Hung

All I can say..

3. wit a mini-mac ten AR one-five.... rest in pisssssssss

4. haha gotta love lynch man

5. better than wayne. how i wish that BLH would call out wayne and rip him to pieces in a freestyle.

6. shit wouldn't even be funny.

7. Hell Yeaaaaaa, Brotha Lynch.

Some real shit.

8. Man if it wasn't for that silly rule about rep from people with insufficient bars/posts not counting I'd have like 3 bars from this thread alone :(

9. i agree with mr stoned frankly.

10. solid

11. Only problem with that list is its missing beastie boys (1985-mid ninetys beasties)

Otherwise I completely agree.

12. umm sorry i dont listen to immortal technique all the time. after im done with my work, and i have some friends over, i wanna just chill and listen to some ti or three six. sure they might not be as good lyrically but i cant be listening to heavy lyrical shit all the time.

13. i want to bow down to you. you said everything perfectly, i could not have presented your OP any better.

some of these guys should get high and listen to slug and ant do their thing for an hour or two.

14. rugga with a 12 guage pump in the trunk and a black beany disguise that ***** that you cant see just cus of them bloccsta loccs over my eyes

Yeaaaaaa

People just need to learn the definition of rap and they will realize that maisntream isn't rap. It's Mainstream, mainstream is mainstream for a reason, it sucks, always will, always has.

But yeah, any rapper that can put down a track without the use of "Gangster Terminology" is better than maisntream.

15. i cant believe this thread is still goin...:smoke:
    Bottom line, every1 knos hip hop is king!

16. /\/\/\ this man speaks the truth /\/\/\
    i love alot of underground shit but when you wanna party or when you wanna seriously crank beats in your car
    sometimes some of the mainstream shit is better
    but i seriously do love underground stuff
    brotha lynch hung
    TECH N9NE
    SWISHA HOUSE
    REPRESENT THE SOUTH

17. I pretty much only listen to underground stuff but honestly I was really really dissapointed with Canibus...

Brother Ali is probably the best rapper right now IMO
    Crown City Rockers
    People Under the Stairs
    Murs
    Classified
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Early Snoop was really good, now he blows

18. Listen to Rip the Jacker. That's the most outstanding lyrical album I've ever heard. I suppose if he never made that he couldn't be counted as one of the best. But seriously, Rip the Jacker SHITS on a good 98% of hip hop albums. Poet Laureate 2 is mind blowing, as is Genabis, Levitibus, Showtime at the Gallows, Semantics, M-Sea-Crazy and Psych Evaluation. It's a mesmorising piece of work.

19. nobody is doubting canibus. i know he can spit. shit even eminem knew that.
    its just underground fans are too stubborn, u dont give credit. everyone hates rappers cuz of certain affiliations or cuz of one song they made.